Breakfast is the most important meal of the day — really! Not only does eating a proper breakfast jump-start your metabolism, but it also gives you the kind of energy you need to rock your day like a total boss. No matter how busy your morning, how long your commute or how extensive your to-do list is, there’s no reason to skimp out on the first meal of the day — especially when it’s an easy breakfast recipe that you can make in your slow cooker and serve all week long. Get ready to salivate over these 12 crock pot recipes that are so good, they’ll help you become a morning person.
1. Southwest Breakfast Burritos: Ditch your usual (cereal) for something hot and delicious. These burritos are filled with black beans, green peppers, salsa and crumbled tofu. Put all the ingredients in your crock pot before you go to bed and you’ll actually look forward to waking up in the morning. The leftovers also make a tasty lunch. (via Delish Knowledge)
2. Coconut Strawberry Steel Cut Oats: Okay, so this one is oatmeal, but you’ll understand why it made the cut as soon as you take the first bite. It calls for coconut milk, brown sugar and a splash of sweetened condensed milk to make it extra creamy. This oatmeal will make you never want to skip breakfast again. Top with shredded coconut and fresh fruit, then dig in. (via Domestic Superhero)
3. Stuffed Peppers: These tasty peppers are perfect for brunch — there’s hardly any prep involved and you can forget about them for the next four hours while you finish getting ready. Each pepper is filled with eggs, spinach and cheese and will have you feeling like super woman by the time you’re finished eating (and collecting compliments from your guests). (via The Recipe Rebel)
4. Cinnamon Rolls: Put this recipe in your back pocket (or Pinterest board) and save it for Christmas morning. Make and refrigerate the dough the night before, put it in the crock pot in the morning while you’re all unwrapping presents and by the time you’re finished, the cinnamon rolls will be too. The cream cheese frosting drizzle is optional, but so recommended. (via Creme de la Crumb)
5. Peach Oatmeal: Your hectic mornings just got a whole lot easier thanks to this simple recipe. Start a batch of this sweet peach oatmeal in the slow cooker on Sunday night before you go to bed. Not only will you wake up to a yummy breakfast, but you’ll also have enough to last you the rest of the week. Store the leftovers in the fridge to reheat a portion and top with milk each morning. (via Yummy, Healthy, Easy)
6. Breakfast Casserole: A hearty and delicious breakfast can be yours without having to slave away in the kitchen. Layers of shredded hash browns, cheese, eggs and green onions are cooked for four hours, or until the cheese has reached maximum meltyness and the eggs have set. Have your plate ready, because this one goes fast. (via Iowa Girl Eats)
7. Baked Apples: Instead of getting by on just coffee, start your day with a warm baked apple. Save yourself some extra work and use your favorite bagged granola — you’ll never be able to tell the difference after it bakes in a bath of brown sugar and butter for the next two hours. If you can manage to save one of these for later, reheat it and top with vanilla ice cream for a decadent dessert. Whatever way you eat it, there’s no denying how good these are. (via The Magical Slow Cooker)
8. Hashbrown Casserole: This easy casserole will instantly become the star of any breakfast spread. Put all the ingredients in the slow cooker and try to your hardest to forget about it for the next three hours. It won’t be easy, but the wait is definitely worth it. Top with fresh cracked pepper, parsley and extra crispy bacon. (via Chelsea’s Messy Apron)
9. Salted Caramel Almond Granola: There’s no wrong way to enjoy this sweet + salty granola: Eat it with milk, sprinkle it on yogurt or just snack on it all day long. Once you see how simple it is to make, it’ll quickly become part of your weekly routine. (via The Seasoned Mom)
10. Banana French Toast: Yup, your crock pot can even make french toast. Start with a sliced baguette and cover it in cream cheese, bananas, brown sugar and chopped walnuts. Four hours later, you’ll be greeted by warm french toast just begging to be devoured. Drizzle with honey before serving and get ready to be wowed. (via Diethood)
11. Zucchini, Tomato + Feta Frittata: Eating healthy just got easier. This simple and satisfying frittata calls for fresh eggs, zucchini, tomatoes and feta cheese. Your frittata is done when you can insert a knife into the middle and it comes out dry. (via Foodie Corner)
12. Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread: A pan full of soft, doughy monkey bread made from canned cinnamon rolls is just what your morning needs. After 20 minutes of prep work, this only takes two hours to bake — jump in the shower, throw in some laundry and catch up on your emails while you wait, then top with icing and serve. (via Crazy for Crust)
Tweet us and tell us your favorite slow cooker breakfast recipe @BritandCo!