The *New La Croix* Is Refreshing and Delicious — and PERFECT for Cocktails
We love La Croix and aren’t about to give up our sparkling water addiction. But while La Croix cocktails are fun and undeniably popular, there’s another sparkling water brand on the horizon that’s equally delicious: Topo Chico. In fact, this Mexican sparkling water brand has been around since the late 1800s… and its popularity is *skyrocketing.* Our favorite way to drink it, though, is obvi in refreshing cocktail recipes. Here are 12 of our favorite ideas.
1. Lemon Drop Sparkletini: This recipe calls for sparkling water, so you can really feel free to use whatever brand suits your fancy. Regardless of what you choose, you only need ONE other ingredient — lemon vodka — to craft this concoction. (via Pizzazzerie)
2. Huevo Blanco Especial: If you know any Spanish, you know that “huevo” means egg. That’s right: This deceptively thin-looking beverage is actually thickened with egg whites. But don’t let that scare you… egg whites are a DELICIOUS addition to any cocktail. (via Topo Chico)
3. Skinny Sparkling Blueberry Mojito: Many items on our list are relatively low in sugar and added calories, and this skinny mojito is no exception. You’ll use stevia to sweeten this fruity beverage, also made with mint leaves, blueberries, sparkling water, and white rum. (via With Salt and Wit)
4. Strawberry Fields Smash: This refreshing, strawberry-flavored drink epitomizes summer, so it’s the perfect crowd-pleaser to share at any kind of warm-weather gathering. Hint: Feel free to adjust your amount of simple syrup if you’d like to alter the drink’s relative sweetness. (via Butterlust)
6. Sparkling Grapefruit Cocktail: This citrusy, zingy cocktail is garnished with a fresh grapefruit and is totally smooth. Pro tip: Make it with fresh-squeezed juice for the finest flavor. (via One Brass Fox)
7. Basil Cucumber Gimlet: Calling all gin lovers! The gimlet is a somewhat retro creation that’s making a *huge* comeback (Mad Men fans: It’s Betty Draper’s favorite drink). You only need a few simple items to make this crowd-pleaser. (via Topo Chico)
8. Peach-Apricot Lillet Blanc Fizz With Cardamom Sugar: Fizzy, colorful, and deliciously sweet, this creative and sparkly drink boasts the flavors of peaches and apricots. What’s cardamom sugar, you ask? Simple: Cane sugar mixed with cardamom seeds. (via Hello Glow)
9. Texas Lemonade Cocktail: Everything’s bigger in Texas, and this drink is BIG on flavor and wow-factor. It’s served with a paleta (a popsicle, essentially) inside… feel free to use your favorite flavor. (via Topo Chico)
10. Blackberry and Lime Gin Fizz: Gin fizzes are the ultimate refresher, and with the flavors of blackberry and lime added in, they’re downright DELISH. Garnish with a lime for a citrusy flavor and summery effect. (via A Dash of Texas)
12. Skinny Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade: Last but not least, this lightened-up version of a strawberry lemonade is just as delicious as the traditional version. It’s sweetened with stevia and flavored with fresh fruit for ultimate cocktail goodness. (via With Salt and Wit)
Follow us on Pinterest for more cocktail ideas and food inspo!