20 Sweet and Savory Ways to Use a Cookie Press
Give your rolling pin a rest this holiday baking season, and make these 20 sweet and savory spritz cookies instead. Just as pretty as their festive cutout counterparts, you can churn out dozens of beautifully shaped cookies with just a few flicks of the wrist on the cookie press. Even better, they serve just as great as a canvas for decorating with icing and sprinkles galore. Your next cookie tray is gonna rock.
5. Raspberry Rosette Spritz: Raspberry cookies are a terrific choice for sandwiching a layer of almond cream cheese filling. They’re so good you may just forget all about an old favorite. (via Baking With Blondie)
6. Hazelnut Gianduia Spritz: Chocolate and hazelnut fans will love these ganache-dipped, nutty cookies slicked with a layer of bittersweet-chocolate-enhanced Nutella (aka gianduia). (via What’s for Lunch, Honey)
8. Rosemary-Cheese Spritz: You’ll have homemade, cheesy herbed crackers ready in a jiffy for your next party. This leaves plenty of time to plan the dips or cheeseboard to serve alongside. (via Food Network)
10. Ombre Rose Cream Cheese Spritz: Ombre spritz make for one stylish cookie tray, but these don’t just look good. Nope. Cream-cheese-enriched dough makes for extra tender biscuits that are a terrific accompaniment for tea. (via Bake Love Give)
11. Chocolate Orange Spritz (Low-Carb, Gluten-Free): Orange zest and bittersweet chocolate are a delightful pairing, making these low-carb and gluten-free goodies extra sweet. (via All Day I Dream About Food)
Are spritz a holiday baking tradition for your family? What are some of your favorite flavors to make? Share your recipes and decorating tips below.