11 Tips + Tools for Holiday Cookie Decorating
So you’ve decided to enter the world of cookie design. Welcome! Before you get to baking, make sure you review and invest in these 11 tips and tools that will make cookie decorating that much easier. You’ll be able to create pretty much any fun and yummy design if you stick with this handy stack of tips and tricks.
First things first, you need to whip up a perfect royal icing before you begin decorating, so use this fool-proof recipe to help you along the way. (via I Heart Naptime)
icing is the correct consistency. It controls the amount of water you add so you don’t over-thin your icing.
3. Rolling Pin ($17): Invest in a good rolling pin so you can roll those cookies out to the thickness of your choice.
4. Offset Spatula ($30 for 3): An offset spatula smooths out that royal icing nicely.
Mix up every color of the frosting rainbow using this color chart. We just wish we had found this sooner! (via Handmade Charlotte)
6. Ateco Pastry Bag Decorating Kit ($20): Pastry bags and tips of various sizes will help you nail the details of your fabulous cookie designs.
8. 5-Piece Decorating Brush Set ($8): Baby brushes are exactly what you need to paint on the finest of frosting details.
10. Customizable Cookie Stamp ($15): If even the pens are a stretch for you, there’s a cookie stamp for that.
The cookie decorating isn’t done until you’ve wrapped them up in treat bags to give to your friends and family. These downloadable bag tags are just the right amount of sweet and sassy. (via Love vs. Design)