24 Bold Ideas for Striped Walls
There is something truly amazing about a bold, striped wall. When stripes are done well, they can add structure and drama to create a unique feel in any space. There are so few patterns as diverse as the timeless stripe. It can adapt to any style — classic, nautical, shabby chic or ultra luxe — and looks fab wherever you put it. From horizontal to vertical and thick to thin, check out these 24 striped walls and get inspired to make this trend your own.
1. Go Bold: We love the comic book feel of this dramatic black-and-white striped dining room. (via Funky Time)
4. Welcome Home Stripes: In a small space like this, stripes can add a lot of interest on their own. With just two quarts of paint, you’ll have plenty to keep your senses busy without even having to add furniture or framed art. (via Better Homes and Gardens)
11. Paste, Not Paint: If the idea of measuring and taping out all those lines makes you feel dizzy and overwhelmed, consider using wallpaper for the same awesome effect, without the messy work. (via L.A. Design Concepts)
12. Keep It In The Family: Equal stripes in different tones of the same color coordinate super well together. We love how these broad ones are happy to take a backseat to show off the other bold items in this space. (via Apartment Therapy)
14. Think Thin: Narrow, vertical stripes in opposing light-and-dark colors are all these walls need to stand out. Pair them with some simple, solid furnishings and wood tones, and these stripes become the central artwork in the room. (via Caprichos Daneses)
22. Temporary Stripes: If you’re renting and can’t commit to colored walls, try painting some stripes on a big board or canvas for an excellent color effect without the commitment. (via The Effortless Chic)
What do you think about stripes: are you Team Horizontal or Team Vertical? Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook!