Festival season‘s in full swing, but what everybody’s really been buzzing about are all these hot new summer concert tours. From our boy JT’s 20/20 Experience Tour to Jay + Bey’s joint On the Run Tour, we can’t help but want to spend our entire life’s savings on concert tix and brand new outfits to wear to them. Since that’s just a tad bit silly, we’re here to show you that it’s incredibly easy to mix together new clothes with some that you already have to create the absolute perfect summer concert outfit. Here are 12 pieces of inspiration to help you get started. Woot!
1. Graphic Tee: A simple tee with a beautiful necklace = comfort and style at the same time! This has the fun vibe of Huey Lewis and the News’ music. Yes, this ’80s band is on tour. (via Love, Lenore)
2. Cassette Tee ($20) + In Love Flats ($30): This top is one of our favorites because it reminds us of those sweet ol’ mixtape days. On your feet, wear these sparkly flats. We know d’Orsay flats are awesome, but these are also jellies!
3. Simple Stripes: Classic stripes are so versatile that they basically work for any concert, from One Direction to Panic! At the Disco. Those platform shoes are totally making our ’90s-loving hearts sing. Our boy band-loving hearts, too. (via Lily Melrose)
5. Sparkles: A leather jacket is probably the best possible thing to own when it comes to concert-going wardrobes. They add a slightly edgy touch to sparkle-filled outfits like this one. Queen + Adam Lambert, here we come! (via VIVALUXURY)
7. Denim: Denim tops are a summer staple, meaning that they’re also a summer concert staple. Rockin’ this top unbuttoned over a leather look skirt is another way to achieve that excellent edgy #ootd from before. We’re thinking Justin Timberlake for this one. (via VIVALUXURY)
8. Denim Shirt ($39) + Leather Skirt ($23): The one, the only, All-American button down paired with a leather mini skirt. They’re both definitely worth the investment (esp if that investment is only $62 total!).
12. Plaid Double-Pocket Shirt ($39) + Lace Up Ankle Boots ($92): The plaid shirt you never knew you always wanted took a break from the classic red print with a beautiful shade of green. Wear it with those snazzy ankle boots and short shorts. They’re so fab.
14. Leopard Sweatpants ($39) + Jewelry Geo Set ($31): Oh, forget leggings. These stylish sweats are going to make you the most comfortable ones in the entire crowd. And don’t forget, every good outfit needs a little bling! You’ll want to wear this geometric set of bangles every single day.
15. Red: We’ve been seeing a lot of black trending in concert clothing, so it’s nice to see that splash of red in this outfit. We dare you to be fabulous and switch those pants out for any neon pair. This look would totally belong at that 30 Seconds to Mars, Linkin Park + AFI concert. (via Dulce Candy)
16. Cord Triangle Necklace ($20) + Slim Rocking Red Jeans ($75): We fell in love with that triangle necklace in the inspiration picture. So naturally, we had to find one of our own. And the red jeans? You can’t go wrong with this killer pair!
17. Eyes: Funky prints are always hard to resist, especially when they’re as versatile as this one. You can tie that plaid shirt around your waist for a rock concert (The Fray!), or perhaps a colorful jacket for playful genres like pop. (via Lily Melrose)
18. Scribble Print Tank Dress ($29) + Felt Boater Hat ($23): Oh, we just live for crazy prints like this one (among other things). They’re so irresistibly quirky. Try it with this adorable hat. The coolest part is that the floral garland is detachable. It’s two hats for the price of one!
19. Printed Dress + Jacket: That cute floral dress you bought at the mall last week? It would absolutely work for the Fall Out Boy and Paramore tour. Floral prints will be dear to us, always and forever. (via Lily Melrose)
20. Floral Tunic Dress ($25) + Textured Leather Jacket ($61): We picked this dress because of the more modern look the bold colors give to a more traditional print. But there’s still something so wonderfully ’90s about it, wouldn’t you agree? Wear it under this seriously cool leather jacket with rad accent zippers.
21. More Stripes: We’re mixing it up and moving those beloved black and white stripes to the bottom this time. That bright blouse with the accent zipper is gorgeous, but you could definitely use any fun top hanging in your closet. Fitz and the Tantrums totally fits this stylish and funky vibe. (via TfDiaries By Megan Zietz)
22. Printed Top ($26) + Mini Skirt in Stripe ($31): How cute would this fun top look tucked into that striped skirt? We love mixing prints. And stripes are a staple in every woman’s closet, which is why we love this mini skirt so much.
23. Pastels: Oh yes, pastels. We chose this outfit with Katy Perry’s Prismatic Tour in mind, given that she can’t get enough of all things bedazzled and colorful. Honestly, though, this outfit could work for any lively concert. (via Dulce Candy)
24. Peplum Shell Top ($18) + Turquoise Heels ($52): This cotton candy-colored peplum shirt is one of cutest things we’ve ever seen. It’s also simple enough to wear with so many different things! And the heels: Doesn’t everyone need a pair of turquoise pumps?
Which summer concert are you looking forward to? Tell us in the comments below!