Summer isn’t over yet, and there’s still plenty of time to step up your warm-weather style game before cooler temps and sweater season step in. This is good news, because now is exactly the time when the dreaded style rut starts to rear its ugly head — you know, now that you’ve officially become a pro at styling off-the-shoulder dresses, chic pool slides and bright bandeau bikinis. With that in mind, we’ve gone ahead and scouted 16 Insta-worthy accessories, shoes and other summer style essentials that are ready to take your sartorial repertoire one step further — all for under $100.
1. BDG Slim Boyfriend Jean ($79): Whether you’re all about rockin’ post-Labor Day white or still have fashion-faux-pas phobia, you should probably add this pair of dressed denim to your end-of-summer lineup stat. Rock ’em with off-the-shoulder blouses and leather slides for a bit of boutique hopping, or team them with a flannel top and Birkenstocks for a beach bonfire — either way, you really can’t go wrong.
2. Mango Wide Strap Sandals ($60): A sick new pair of shoes is all it takes to send wardrobe conundrums packin’ for good. These red-hot block heels are a step above your go-to gladiators and slides, and they’re just the thing to spice up any after-hours ensemble. Slip them on with printed wide-leg trousers, a silk cami and lucite clutch for a date night look that’s one for the books.
3. ASOS Bomber Jacket in Cropped Length With Metallic Trim ($98): Bomber jackets aren’t going anywhere for fall, so this is one purchase you can pat yourself on the back for making. Wear it now over flirty floral dresses and flatforms, then bust it out with cozy sweaters, everyday denim and suede sneakers once blustery fall days roll around.
4. & Other Stories Shinjuku Pleated Mid Skirt ($85): When in doubt, pull a midi skirt out. The fashionable silhouette boasts endless wear-anywhere appeal that will take on everything from casual coffee dates to business meetings like a boss. Play it cool with statement sneakers and a leather jacket, or fancy things up with embellished sandals and glitzy baubles.
5. She Made Me Dhari Halter Bikini Top ($115) + Cheeky Bottom ($104): If you haven’t yet hopped aboard the crochet train, there’s no better time than the here and now. Take this striped stunner along on those last balmy beach days, and officially assume the title of summer style queen. Oversized shades and flowy kimonos are non-negotiable.
6. Need Supply Co. Rope Hat ($28): It won’t be long before you’ll be rockin’ beanies and wool fedoras, so soak up what’s left of those carefree summer vibes with a rope-trimmed straw fedora that was practically made for fun in the sun. Take it along for a seaside adventure or pop it on to give any downtown ensemble a touch of getaway flair.
7. Zara Ruffle Top ($30): Even if you take a frills-free approach to dressing nine months out of the year, there’s just something about summertime that makes ruffles and flouncy embellishments fair game. Get your fix with this layered crop tank that would look just as fab styled with high-waisted culottes and mules as it would with a flowy maxi skirt and suede jacket.
8. Free People Perfect Storm Layered Bolo ($38): Out West with an ultra glam twist is what you’ll get with this gorgeous bolo style necklace. Dress up a simple pair of jeans by popping it on top of a basic tank or tee, or go all out by pairing it with an LBD, a topknot and red-hot lips.
9. Warehouse Pleated Dress ($123): Enter the effortless maxi dress that will make date-night dressing and wedding weekends feel like a total breeze. Style it with statement drop earrings and quirky clutches now, then give it the cool weather treatment come fall with a mock-neck top, ankle boots and an eye-catching waist cincher.
10. J.Crew Floral Tortoise Hoop Earrings ($58): Mid-century essentials have finally met their match in these glam tortoiseshell hoops with gorgeous glitzy gems. Give basics and statement pieces a touch of ’70s flair by tacking these babies on with a copper smokey eye and a pair of colorful clogs.
11. Truly Madly Deeply Fun Icons Tee ($34): When is there not a good time to add a new tee to your lineup? This cactus-themed top is guaranteed to keep the good vibes alive long after summer departs.
12. Nasty Gal In Your Prime Layered Shorts ($38): Take advantage of balmy temps by slipping into these embroidered beauties that are perfect for showing off sun-kissed gams. Balance out the daring hemline with a free-flowing peasant blouse and dramatic lace-up sandals, then add a leather bolo to the mix for good measure.
13. Mango Geometric Clutch ($80): When it’s hot, the last thing you want to do is lug around a larger-than-life bag. Pare down on your next night out without compromising on style with this striped geometric bag that’s guaranteed to rack up a few extra double taps.
14. Pixie Market Embroidered Detached Sleeve Dress ($56): A little white dress will never do you wrong, and this off-the-shoulder number is no different. The halter neckline and bold black accents add just enough edge to an otherwise flirty silhouette to keep it from veering into frilly territory. Wear it with minimalist jewelry and don’t-care hair, and don’t even think about leaving home without a pair of architectural kicks.
15. ASOS Round Kitten Sunglasses in Skeleton Wire Frame ($23): These aren’t your average cat-eye shades. Dramatic skeleton-wire styling and a gilded finish make these scene-stealers a must-have for any stylish getup from now until next summer.
16. H&M Patterned Jumpsuit ($35): Lazy girls, listen up! If you can only pick up one more piece before summer fades, make it this ’90s-inspired jumpsuit with a cool culotte silhouette. The effortless styling and touch of ‘tude are just what your everyday routine needs to achieve style icon status. Pair it with bright block heels and asymmetric earrings for an It girl-approved ensemble in seconds.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.