14 Summer Tops and Earrings to Rock on Your Next GNO
Hot summer nights call for cocktails out on the veranda, backyard soirees and impromptu dance sessions under the stars. And with so many after-hours outings filling up your iCal, you’re going to need a few Insta-approved summer outfits on hand to see you through in style. A good place to start? The top, of course. Earlier this season we showed you how to step up your #OOTD game with a slew of on-point summer top and necklace pairings, but that’s just the beginning. This week we’re switching gears and bringing you 14 ways to jazz up that carefully curated collection of crop tops, off-the-shoulder blouses and ‘90s-inspired halter style stunners with DDG drop earrings that are ready to partayyy. Because you have better things to do than spend those precious vacay moments playing sartorial matchmaker.
1. Mango Reversible Sequins Top ($46) + Joomi Lim Modern Deco Earrings With Crystals ($210): Wallflowers, consider yourselves warned. Whether you team it with high-waisted trousers or a laid-back pair of boyfriend jeans, this silvery sequin top has scene-stealer written all over it. Make the disco ball — and everyone in the room — jealous when you pop it on with moody crystal ear jackets that’ll instantly inject your after-dark ensemble with a bit of rocker ‘tude.
2. H&M Sleeveless Top ($30) + Mango Metal Pendant Earrings ($20): Blend into the crowd? Never! You’re all about making a statement, whether you’re posting up by the bar or shaking what your mama gave ya out on the dance floor — and this rainbow-striped stunner is right on your level. Pair it with architectural spiral pendants that balance out the bold bright stripes without compromising on the look-at-me appeal.
3. Wilfred Gerland Top ($85) + Ryan Storer Rose Gold-Plated Faux Pearl Earrings ($240): Cultural events like a gallery opening, summer film fest or benefit dinner call for pieces that exude sophisticated quirk. Look no further than this pair of faux pearls that go above and beyond your grandma’s signature studs. The asymmetric styling and trend-right rose gold are all you need to elevate even the most understated duds into runway-ready territory. Wear them with a dramatic crop top, high-waisted wide-leg trousers and to-die-for stilettos.
4. J.Crew Collection Leather Tank Top ($350) + BaubleBar Bliss Drops ($34): As all bonafide girl bosses know, GNO is no laughing matter, especially after a loooong week (bring on the margaritas). It might be too hot for your go-to leather jacket (a tough-girl essential), but that doesn’t mean you have to part ways with the don’t-mess vibes you know and love. Nail your night-out look by pairing this sleek leather shell with vibrant neon drops and structured culottes, or team it with a simple A-line skirt for a more flirtatious vibe.
5. Mango Jacquard Top ($50) + Mango Mixed Pendant Earrings ($20): With ‘90s everything back in style, you’ve been living the throwback dream, choker necklaces, halter tops and all. That said, your favorite cotton top might not cut it for a swanky dinner with bae. Luckily, this dreamy blue number blends the best of both worlds with its jacquard fabric, sophisticated silhouette and subtle halter neckline. Take the fancy factor up a notch with geometric drops that further highlight your style prowess, plus a perfectly coiffed topknot.
6. Erika Cavallini Chandi Top ($304) + Lele Sadoughi Peking Earrings ($228): Draping yourself in head-to-toe black isn’t the only way to achieve haute status this summer. Thanks to the Cannes red carpet, yellow is a force to be reckoned with this season. Channel your inner Amal Clooney with a refined gold top and tassel-tastic earrings that lend a note of boho flair that’s perfect for a concert on the pier or a barbecue in the Hamptons.
7. & Other Stories Sleeveless Waistcoat Blouse ($65) + Goldbarr Rabo Fringe Earrings ($88): When you’re over that LWD and flowery maxi dress, enlist this tailored tuxedo blouse for a night-out ensemble with a twist. The streamlined styling will look ah-mazing with ethereal culottes and block heels for a rendezvous at your fave wine bar or casual denim and strappy sandals for a romantic stroll along the boardwalk.
8. Peter Pilotto Astrid Printed Stretch-Silk Top ($256) + Dannijo Anzo Earrings ($295): One word: obsessed. This high-octane topper is anything but subtle, but who says you like to follow convention? Conservative your style is not. Opt for a street-style-inspired look by tossing it on with edgy crystal earrings and dramatic high-waisted shorts, and don’t forget a killer studded clutch.
9. Opening Ceremony Ruffle-Trimmed Cropped Stretch-Ponte Top ($225) + Tiro Tiro Radian Earrings ($150): This is not your average plain white tank. When your go-to out-on-the-town essentials grow stale, let this ruffle-trimmed top deliver your after-hours style from a serious case of the wardrobe blahs. Paired with sharp half-moon earrings, it’ll add much-needed oomph to leather mini skirts or classic black jeans.
10. Topshop Satin One Shoulder Top ($75) + Mango Faceted Crystal Earring ($20): Call up the girls — a top this fabulous was made to be seen, and any occasion to show it off must be seized. With a one-shoulder neckline, luxe satin fabric and modern buckle detailing, this triple threat is a shoo-in for a bachelorette party or casual catch-up sesh over cocktails. Proceed to style with sassy crystal and metallic fringe ear crawlers to up the wow-factor.
11. Simone Rocha Smocked Draped Cotton-Jersey Top ($260) + Tory Burch Half Circle Earrings ($125): Minimalists, rejoice! This elegant duo was made with you in mind. Simple yet impactful tweaks to a basic tank and delicate drop earrings result in an eye-catching look that proves less is always more. Style them with graphic trousers and a lucite box clutch for dinner parties or a swanky shindig in the city.
12. H&M Draped Halterneck Bodysuit ($35) + BaubleBar Palm Drops ($34): Gear up for an exotic getaway with this tropical bodysuit that’s all sorts of fierce. Between the open back, peek-a-boo cutout and crossover styling, this vacay-ready number is practically begging to be paired with a free-spirted midi skirt and gilded statement cuff.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.