14 Dresses + Skirts to Wear to Work All Summer
Just because you’re going to work doesn’t mean that you have to dress like Pam during the first few seasons of The Office (sorry, Beesly!). There are so many options out there for 9-to-5 wear, especially during a fashion season as versatile as summer… they just have to be explored! From bright scuba skirts to fun printed dresses, here are 14 easy ways to attain style maven status at work.
1. Shirt Dress in White ($74): Shirt dresses are pretty much the first thing we think of when we hear “work clothes.” This white dress is a valuable wardrobe staple, since it can be styled pretty much any way you want.
2. Quilted Floral Pencil Skirt ($88): This floral pencil skirt is officially one of our most favorite quilted things in the entire world. It looks formal enough to wear to work, but could easily be dressed down for the weekend.
3. Curve Midi Skirt in Scuba ($67): In our minds, summer equals fun and playful colors like this one. We love the combo of this skirt and a longer crop top, though you could basically pair it with any blouse out there.
9. Wrap Pencil Dress in Crepe ($67): Along with this dress, all you need to look like the boss of the office are some earrings and a gold bracelet. Unless you already are the boss, in which case — you go, girl!
14. Curve Midi Dress in Check Print ($86): If you’ve only got ten minutes to get ready, all you gotta do is grab this dress and slip on those heels. Done! Bold prints like this really don’t need any accessories.
What’s your favorite summer work dress or skirt to wear? Tell us in the comments below or on Facebook.
Feeling a little throwback to that time you had to speak in front your whole school assembly? Public speaking is scary! And so is presenting, pitching, and all the things you need to do to put your business out there. In this week's Selfmade course, we roped in a few experts to break it all down for you. Read on for our weekly recap, made possible thanks to a sponsorship from Office Depot.