10 Snow Bunny Accessories You’ll Need for Sundance
It’s that time of year (and we don’t mean award show season, even though we’re
pretty super stoked about all the excuses to drink cheap champagne). If you’re one of the lucky few spending the final days of January mingling on the celebrity stomping ground that is Park City, Utah, during the Sundance Film Festival, you’ve got to look your best. Break out your puffiest winter parka or trendy topper and get ready to stand out among the stars when you waltz down the slick slope of Main Street with these 10 snow bunny-approved essentials for Sundance.
1. Antler Necklace ($36): The Wasatch range is full of wildlife, and you might actually see them in the snowy fields around Park City. Blend in with the leaders of the pack with a subtle yet bold antler necklace.
2. Gold Dots Carryall Tote ($52): As great as dainty bags can be, you’ll want something with a little more bulk to pair with your puffer jacket. Exude warmth + charm with this roomy polka dot tote.
3. Druzy Drop Earrings ($48): With hats + hoods galore, you may be tempted to skip earrings altogether. Instead, pick out a pair of earthy yet refined drop earrings to peek out from the bottom of your hand-knit hat. It’ll take your winter style from boring beanie to top-notch toboggan in no time.
4. Patterned Leggings ($58): Outerwear might be your main focus while packing your suitcase, but don’t forget about sub-zero temps after the sun sets. Keep your gams toasty between screenings with an extra base layer.
5. Leather Tassel Keychain ($26): Big mittened paws means a significant loss of dexterity while digging through your bag for the key to your cabin. Get to the après-ski/pre-screening party that much faster with a giant tasseled keychain.
6. Gold Curved Bar Necklace ($36): Park City was once a mining town and was literally built on the silver industry, but that doesn’t mean you should shy away from gold. This subtle stunner will slay as soon as you take off that mega winter coat.
7. Mirrored Sunglasses ($10): Sunglasses in winter? Yep! Your eyes will thank you when you realize how bright the sun reflecting off the glittery snow can be on a bluebird day.
9. Pucker Up Lip Scrub ($9): Beyond being cold AF, the mountain air is SUPER dry. Keep your lips from cracking + flaking with a moisturizing + exfoliating sugar scrub. Be sure to fill up your checked bag with more lotion than you would typically use in a year too. Thank us later ;)
10. Peaks Necklace ($48): Welcome to the mountains, y’all! Get inspired by the gorgeous landscape with a high-altitude necklace to match.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.