Better Be-Leaf It: 14 Tea-Infused Sweet Treats
Think tea is just for the British? Heck no! We’re all about tea parties at Brit + Co. And, what better to snack on than treats with tea baked right into them? Let’s start with a few goodies infused with spicy chai. Then we’ll move to that tea-party staple, Earl Grey, before finishing up with the green stuff. And we may or may not have stuck a chamomile and jasmine recipe in there for good measure. Get those pinkies shooting toward the sky!
And don’t forget to check out The Ultimate Chai-Fecta: Chai Cookies, Chai Truffles, and Chai Rice Pudding! Really, you must chai them ;)
2. Sea Salt Brownie & Chai Ice Cream Sandwiches: Yes, we know. It’s the middle of winter. But why should that stop us from indulging in ice cream sandwiches? With sea salt in the brownie batter and chai tea in the ice cream, these ice cream sandwiches have that wonderful spicy-sweet-salty trifecta going for them. (via The Naptime Chef)
3. Chocolate Chai Tea Crème Brûlée: Just when you thought crème brûlée couldn’t get any better, Elena from Memento Bracelet tossed chocolate and chai into the mix. We can’t wait to crack this one open. (via Memento Bracelet)
4. Chai Banana Bread with Cream Cheese Frosting: Banana bread took a walk on the wild side and decided to hang out with a few of the Spice Girls — cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, and allspice. (Did you think we’d let you get through the Chai section without a Spice Girls reference? You know us better than that ;) (via Cinnamon Spice & Everything Nice)
5. Blueberry Macarons with Pear & Earl Grey Filling: So many cultures living in harmony in these sweet little cookies. You start off with your basic French Macaron, add a British Earl Grey twist, and round it out with some native New England Blueberries. Mmm-mmm! (via Bakers Royale)
7. Chocolate Earl Grey Cupcakes: Yet another fantastic pairing of Earl Grey and chocolate! We love this recipe because it only makes 6 cupcakes — just enough for a small tea party with your closest gal pals. (via La Pêche Fraîche)
8. Lemon Matcha Cake Bites: How cute are these?! The inside is a delicious mixture of pound cake, matcha powder, lemon juice and zest, and white chocolate, rolled into a ball and dipped in even more white chocolate! Yum! Top with large heart sprinkles, and you’ve got the perfect Valentine treat. (via Thirsty for Tea)
9. Matcha Green Tea Ice Cream: Some days, you just want to curl up on the couch with a good book and a cup of green tea… ice cream. We swear this tastes just like the stuff we get after hibachi at our favorite Japanese restaurant. (via Poor & Pretty)
10. Matcha Green Tea Shortbread with Raspberry Sugar: These are not your average Girl Scout shortbread cookies. Our mouths are watering over the combination of matcha + raspberry in these delectable treats. Napkin, please! (via The Indolent Cook)
11. Mini Tea Cakewiches with Green Tea Frosting: It’s not a tea party without cakewiches! We love Nanette’s recipe. It’s easy, delicious, and contains not one but two types of tea: jasmine green + Earl Grey. (via Brit + Co)
12. Chamomile Cloud Muffins with Vanilla Coconut Glaze: These vegan cupcakes are light, fluffy, and full of flavor. We promise they won’t put you to sleep, but we can’t promise you won’t have seconds (or thirds) for breakfast. (via That’s So Vegan)
13. Jasmine Chocolate Cake: If you’re up for a bit of a challenge, this cake is not your average tea cake. It starts with a layer of rich chocolate cake, sprinkled with a thin layer of feuilletine (thin cookie-like sheets of butter, sugar, and flour, crushed into tiny flakes), and topped with a chilled, jasmine-infused cream. Good enough for a Sultan’s daughter. (via Dessert First)
Check out even more delightful sweets made with tea here! And let us know what recipes you’re going to try in the comments below!