The BritList: Ryan Gosling Wallpaper, Tricera Hi-Tops and More
Good morning dear readers! When it comes to the creative, the absurd and the innovative, we consider ourselves connoisseurs who you should definitely be best friends with. And what are best friends always there for? To make sure you know when it’s time to book a trip to San Diego to visit a bathroom that has been wallpapered with Ryan Gosling’s face. That’s what. Now let’s get to it.
1. 100 Fruits and Veggies on a Dog’s Head in 100 Seconds: What more do you need to know? This video series will bring you joy on this Friday morning, and may result in a trip to the farmer’s market and a weekend spent balancing things on your dog’s head. Or is that just me?
2. Tricera Hi-Tops: Got $99 and an obsession with dinos? Then this is the Kickstarter campaign for you. As you may have guessed by the punny product name, they’re hi-tops that look like triceratops. And JP* fans everywhere are psyched. (*Jurassic Park, hello!)
3. Ryan Gosling Wallpaper: If you’ve taken a bathroom break at our office, then you know that we’ve got an entire WC dedicated to famous Johns. The clever San Diego restaurant Bang Bang goes for a similar look, but gives the ladies what they really want: RyGos!
4. Natural Fabric Dyes Chart: We are obsessed with this (free printable!) chart on natural fabric dyes. Thank you Design*Sponge!
5. Game of Pugs: The Pugs of Westeros are here, and they are totally doing Jon Snow justice in the brooding department.
6. Foods Organized Neatly: This photo series by Sam Kaplan seems to just be starting out, but we already love it. You can buy the ombre Pringles print right here! Or maybe you should recreate it and share it with us on Instagram (@britandco) for maximum cool points? #onceyoupop
7. Mahina Mermaid MerFin Mermaid Flipper ($100): Whether you’re channeling your inner or Ariel or mer-MANNN (Oh Zoolander, we still heart you), these are just what you need to keep on swimming. Though we imagine it would actually be really hard to swim in?
8. Dinosaur’s Pen: Hat tip to Fast Company for finding one of our new favorite Tumblrs. Dinosaur’s Pen is dedicated to funny, absurd and totally nonsensical technology ads from the past. In this one, a computer doubles as a skateboard… obviously.
9. Tallow Underwater Camera ($20): Endless summer anyone? Snap up this underwater camera and bring back your love of a real roll of film.
10. Kim Kardashian Selfish: Well this is… something else. Our frenemy Kim K has a book deal and guess what the content is dedicated to? SELFIES. The publisher describes the author-to-be as a “trailblazer of the selfie movement” and one who has “mastered the art of taking flattering and highly personal photos of oneself.” We can’t disagree but… really?
What’s the silliest thing you’ve seen online this week? Share it with us on Twitter.