The BritList: Lisa Frank Animal Heads, Emoji Tattoos and More
Peeps, October is NEXT week! What?! I know. September flew by lickety split, and now we really need to start narrowing down our Halloween costume options ;) But before we get stressed about which Katy Perry costume to be, let’s take a moment for a few more silly, creative and OMG moments. Happy Friday!
2. Drake’s Emoji Tattoo: Yep, you read that right. Canadian rapper and songbird Drake takes emojis very seriously. But one pressing question remains: is it a high-five or a prayer?!
3. Recipe Card Set ($14): Go old school with this letterpressed set of recipe cards by local SF makers, The Weekend Press.
4. Lisa Frank X Urban Outfitters: It’s been a while since we hung out with our best-but-she-doesn’t-know-us bestie. This time, we’re ogling at a trio of costumes that are begging to make an appearance at the Brit + Co Halloween party.
5. The Dorito Pin: Um, what? Yep.
6. Ouija Board Mini Pouch ($44): Want the ouija without the creepy? ;)
8. Sumo Egg Cups ($16): Why we’ve never thought of this before is beyond us, and now we must make eggs.
9. Pixel Customizable Waffle Iron: While we’re on the topic of breakfast, one of Quirky’s latest inventions comes in the form of a waffle iron you can customize. #PixelMorin definitely approves.
10. Get Your MAKE On Itching to learn a new DIY skill? Or just want to make something from scratch? For one more day, all of our e-classes and kits are 25% off. You can learn to sew, make your own cheese, turn photos into t-shirts and more — get on it!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)