Sometimes you just want your cocktail to bite back, and with more than just vodka. When herb drinks and floral concoctions just don’t do it for you, think about adding a little bit of chili to your libation. You’ve experienced savoriness in your Bloody Mary and even your margarita from time to time, but how about a gin and tonic or a Moscow mule? It’s time to step out of your comfort zone and try a spicy cocktail with your next brunch feast or happy hour get-together. Scroll down for 14 recipes that’ll get you sweating.
2. Spicy Tomato Gin and Tonics: Put that muddler to work with this serrano and tomato-infused gin and tonic. Serve ice cold with cucumber and a salt, pepper, and cayenne-dipped rim. (via The Candid Appetite)
3. Hibiscus Cocktail With Mint and Jalapeño: You may not be surprised to see hibiscus in a cocktail, but you might be shocked to drink it with jalapeño. Don’t knock it ’til you try it, because the flavor is *fire.* (via Nerds With Knives)
4. Sweet Heat: If you’re intimidated by adding peppers to your cocktail, try adding a small amount to a sweet drink to balance it. This one has jalapeño suspended in a mixture of vodka, pineapple juice, and simple syrup. (via Inspired by Charm)
5. Mule Cocktail With Jalapeño Infused Mezcal: If you really enjoy a bit of spice in your cocktails, try infusing your liquor with jalapeño. This way, you can use it in this Moscow mule and more cocktails later in the week. (via The Artful Desperado)
6. Mango and Serrano Chili Daiquiris: Take your staycation seriously by lounging outside with a pitcher of these spicy mango daiquiris. You might want to have a glass of water nearby, because these puppies pack a punch. (via Cookie for Keeps)
7. Passion Fruit Habanero Cocktail: Pair your pepper with a flavor that can stand up to its heat level. Habaneros are pretty spicy, so a bold ingredient like passion fruit is the perfect accompaniment. (via Annie’s Eats)
9. Pineapple Jalapeño Sangria: Your sangria isn’t immune to the power of peppers. Go for a ripe Chardonnay with tropical flavors to best match up with the pineapple juice and jalapeño. (via Best Friends for Frosting)
10. Serrano-Watermelon White Sangria: The longer you let this watermelon, serrano, and wine mixture steep, the more intense the flavors get. Just give it a stir once a day to keep things moving and serve over ice when you’re ready. (via Chili Pepper Madness)
11. Spicy Jalapeño Gimlet: You don’t need a ton of frills to enjoy a zesty cocktail. This gimlet requires only good quality vodka, lime juice, and jalapeño simple syrup to create a strong and spicy sip. (via Cake ‘n Knife)
12. Cilantro-Infused Spicy Jalapeño Margaritas: This little number is not for the faint of heart. Thankfully, the sweet and sour flavor of the margarita mix and the cooling effect of cilantro diffuse the spiciness so it doesn’t overwhelm the palate. (via Foolproof Living)
Follow us on Pinterest for more cocktail inspo!