The Top-Rated Humidifiers on Amazon
There are all sorts of reasons to use a humidifier, and winter is definitely one of them. When your heater is hard at work warming the air indoors, the humidity takes a hit. This, in turn, wreaks havoc on your skin, your respiratory system, and even your furniture (!). If you’re tired of dealing with these v. unwanted side effects, take a look below, because we’ve rounded-up the top options available on Amazon. Happy shopping!
1. Pure Enrichment MistAire Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier ($40): With over 8,000 customer reviews, this top-rated option practically speaks for itself. It comes equipped with two speed settings and a 360-degree nozzle head to ensure the right amount of mist is emitted into the air for up to 16 hours. There’s also an auto shut-off and night light to guarantee that you can safely catch your ZZZs while the machine works away. And because it only costs $50, it’s easy to see what makes it a compelling choice.
2. Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier ($36): Here’s a warm mist option that gets a special shoutout from those prone to sickness. For starters, the device eradicates 95 percent of germs and bacteria floating around the air. (Score!) It’s also compatible with Vicks Vaposteam or Kaz Inhalant products for extra relief for those battling colds and sinus issues. But perhaps the biggest win of them all is that the Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier operates completely filter-free, saving you time and money in the long run. When can we get this in our home?
3. Honeywell Germ Free Cool Mist Humidifier ($80): Many reviewers rely on this dependable design to cure the dry mouth and bloody noses (gross, but true) that afflict them during the drier months. Much of this is credited to the patented Ultra-Violet light technology that kills germs almost completely (99.9 percent) and provides almost immediate results on humidity detectors. Consider it the real deal.
4. Crane USA Cool Mist Humidifier ($43): We love the stylish shape of this product, and it fits on just about any nightstand or table. Its tear-drop design comes with a one-gallon tank, soundless operation, and a no-filter structure to make it your most simple humidifier option yet. If only all electronics could be this cool and well-equipped!
5. URPOWER 2nd Version Essential Oil Diffuser and Cool Mist Humidifier ($18): With over 25,000 reviews (yes, really), this humidifier got our attention even before we knew a thing about it. But here’s why it’s so noteworthy: It works like an oil diffuser and humidifier all in one, emitting your favorite essential oils while generating a cool mist with enough moisture to alleviate any dryness. And with its compact design and seven color varieties, it’s no wonder this piece is one of the most raved-about.
6. TaoTronics Cool Mist Humidifier ($65): This model comes with all the standard amenities — auto shut-off, multiple power functions, sleep mode, and a 360-degree nozzle capability — but with a larger water capacity. So if running to the faucet over and over to refill your humidifier doesn’t seem appealing, the four-liter tank will have you covered. Plus, it has the (unrelated) pro of ultra quiet operation, so you can rest easy (literally) knowing it’s keeping your room healthily humid.
7. URPOWER MH501 Humidifier ($60): Speaking of large water tanks, this model holds up to five liters of water but has a more compact design compared to other large-tank varieties. It also has three misting modes, a late-night “no light” option, and ultrasonic cool mist components. (That is to say: It’s really effective.)
8. Fancii Cool Mist Personal Mini Humidifier ($25): Sometimes, you just need a little humidity on-the-go. Whether you’re in a hotel room or crashing with your gals, this option pairs with any standard-size water bottle to keep you comfortable. But don’t let its small stature fool you: It comes with all of the amenities you love, like two- to eight-hour settings and water depletion detection. Plus it’s cordless, so you can take it with you wherever you go.
Let us know @BritandCo which humidifier you’re into!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.