Pasta is a staple for a reason. Whether you’re making romantic pasta recipes for your significant other, enjoying a bowl of gluten-free goodness all to yourself, or making some in the slow cooker for the fam, there’s so much to love in every al dente bite. But if you’re looking for something easy, chances are you’ve had more than your fair share of simple spaghetti and penne with red sauce. Don’t let yourself get bored — swap the standards for tortellini, so you can continue to enjoy pasta night just as much as ever. These 15 recipes show how easy it is to use tortellini to make even the quickest weeknight meals fulfill all of your pasta dreams.
1. Roasted Butternut Squash, Tortellini, and Fennel Soup: If you love creamy pasta, try this recipe. Tortellini is added to a luscious butternut squash and fennel soup, with a broth that’s like a triple helping of your favorite creamy sauce (but healthier). (via Oh My Veggies)
4. 20 Minute Tortellini Pasta Carbonara: Make your favorite Italian dish even more decadent by ditching the spaghetti. Tortellini stars in this meal instead, adding an extra dose of richness to your dinner. (via The Chunky Chef)
5. Crispy Tortellini Bites With Creamy Tomato Sauce: Fried until crispy, these tortellini bites are best served with warm marinara for dipping. They’ll blow your usual go-to appetizers right out of the water. (via What Should I Make for Dinner)
6. Creamy Chicken Tortellini Soup: This popular restaurant soup is even better when you make it at home. Serve with some crusty bread and you’ve got a cozy meal that’ll warm you from the inside out. (via Kitchen Sanctuary)
7. 30-Minute Tortellini Minestrone: This soup combines loads of nutritious veggies and beans with cheese-stuffed tortellini, so you can get the best of both worlds in each bite. (via The Girl on Bloor)
8. Spinach Tortellini Soup: This light chicken broth-based soup lets the flavor of cheese tortellini shine. Use veggie broth instead of chicken for a flavorful, comforting vegetarian meal. (via Umami Girl)
9. Broccoli Alfredo Tortellini With Bacon: Sometimes you want to pull out all the stops when cooking dinner. This dish, combining Alfredo, tortellini, and bacon, is a can’t-lose recipe you’ll make again and again. (via Playz With Food)
10. Chicken and Prosciutto Tortellini: Take pasta night to the next level by making your own chicken and prosciutto tortellini. The meats are stuffed into won ton wrappers, to spare you the hassle of making your own pasta. (via 918 Plate)
11. Pesto Turkey Tortellini Soup: Fill your next batch of soup with stuffed pasta for an extra-hearty meal. But keep things balanced with pesto — its fresh, herbal flavor keeps any dish from tasting too heavy. (via Cookin’ Canuck)
12. One-Skillet Chicken Sausage Tortellini: A one-skillet meal like this is your ticket to great weeknight eats. It combines juicy, flavorful sausage with tortellini and a tangy, veggie-filled sauce, hitting all the flavor notes you find yourself craving after a long day. (via The Seasoned Mom)
13. Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup: Creamy tomato soup is a childhood favorite that still hits the spot, but it can be updated into a main course with tortellini and spinach. (via Countryside Cravings)
14. Tortellini in Parmesan Cream Sauce: Stuffed pasta in cream sauce is always a decadent treat. Here, it’s made even better with the addition of spinach and piquant sun-dried tomatoes. (via Brown Eyed Baker)
For more twists on your classic dinner favorites, follow us on Pinterest.