Consider yourself a gifting expert? Or perhaps an expert at receiving gifts? ;) You know who you are. You know exactly what you want, what it looks like and the best place to get it. You love helping people figure out what to get friends and family members, and champion yourself on building the perfect holiday wish list every year. And maybe, just maybe, you’re recently married, about to be married or happen to be on the wedding circuit and pride yourself on the perfect gift, every single time? Then you are who we want to hear from!
We’ve teamed up with Target Wedding Registry to build the Ultimate Wedding Registry, powered by awesome gifters like you! And it’s just not just about building the perfect registry for budding brides and grooms’ inspiration — we’re giving away a $2,000 Target Gift Card to one of YOU, just for sharing your ultimate registry item with us here at Brit + Co.
Here’s how the contest works:
1. Choose the ONE ultimate registry gift you can’t live without.
2. Use the forum below to tell us which gift makes your registry list.
3. Or share this gift with us via Twitter, Instagram or Facebook by tagging @britandco and using the hashtag #myultimateregistry. Be sure to include an image of the gift itself or an image that relates (if your gift is more experiential than product-based).
Note: You can also submit your gift in the comments below. Just be sure to sign in to Disqus so we have a way to contact you if you win.
This contest is now closed.
And just like that, you have the chance to win $2,000! We are looking for the traditional, the unusual, the totally unbelievable and the surprisingly practical. Anything is fair game here, as long as you consider it essential. This contest closes on December 14th at 11:59pm PST. As always, the winner will be chosen at random. You can read full contest terms right here.
We’ll be pinning all of your essential registry items on the Brit + Co Ultimate Wedding Registry Contest pinboard, so feel free to creep on us to see what creative ideas and everyday essentials your perfect wedding gift is up against.
Still have no idea where to start? Here are a few ideas kickin’ around the wedding registry watercooler (yep, that’s now a thing) here at Brit HQ. Oh, and folks who are late getting gifts in the mail for all those fall weddings? You’re welcome :)
1. Stand Mixer: We’ll start with the ultimate registry heavy hitter, the KitchenAid Stand Mixer. The one. The only. If you haven’t registered for this, do it and get ready to bake a million thank you cupcakes.
2. Swoon-Worthy Serveware: That’s right, swoon-worthy! Don’t scoff at us — the bowls and boards that serve up all those yummy things you are making are just as important as your dishes. Target has an awesome selection of colorful, rustic, traditional and totally offbeat designs. Hit up our holiday tabletop for more inspo.
3. Ice Cream Maker: Got a sweet tooth? Then you’re going to be mixing up milkshakes and small batch ice cream until the cows come home! Get it? ;) Target’s got a ton of ice cream makers to choose from, so be sure to choose one that’s perfect for you.
4. Camping and Adventuring Must-Haves: Are you an outdoorsy couple? Then forget about the traditional wedding gifts and register for the goods you really need: great luggage, BBQ essentials, outdoor dishware and plenty of picnic blankets.
5. The Perfect Bar Cart: Never underestimate the happiness a cart devoted to happy hour can bring. We love the rise in popularity of the old school bar cart for plenty of obvious reasons, but we also love the versatility it offers. If you’re not using it on the daily for cocktails, it can double as a gift wrap station for the holidays, a mobile DIY station if you’ve got lots of little projects in progress or about a dozen other things.
6. Picnic Date Night for Two: Register for something you know you’ll use. If you two love to hop in the car with a couple folding or camping chairs, a baguette and a few wedges of cheese, put those essentials on your list. Our collection of must-haves for a DIY outdoor date night is a great place to get inspired.
7. Spa and Bath Essentials: Your wedding is definitely a time to treat yourself, and what better way to indulge in a revamp of your bathroom? Register for luxurious towels, sponges and an awesome SONOS Sound System so you can create a home spa whenever you’re in need of some R&R.
8. Cool Coffee Gadgets: Can’t live without that morning cup? Go classy with an old fashioned Bodum 8-Cup French Press. This bright red one makes for a great pop of color on any kitchen counter, meaning you won’t have to hide it away every morning.Of course, it you’ve got a full house and need more than a simple press, go for a full-on 14-cup KitchenAid Empire Coffeemaker. You know what they say about the best part of waking up… ;)
9. Dutch Oven: Like a stand mixer, a hefty dutch oven is a staple in the kitchen. And you know what’s awesome? Dutch ovens happen to be available in almost as many bright colors as stand mixers!
10. Dishes: You can’t go wrong with the classic dinnerware set! We like to keep things eclectic on our table by mixing and matching patterns, colors and textures. Target’s got a great set for every couple on the wedding circuit.
Okay, feeling inspired? Share YOUR ultimate registry gift with us, and you could win $2,000! Scroll back to the top of the post for more deets. We can’t wait to see what your must-haves are.
Questions about the giveaway? Leave us a note in the comments below and we’ll be sure to get back to you.
This post is a collaboration with Target Wedding Registry.