Channel Your Inner Ariel at These Underwater Hotels
While our favorite Disney mermaid couldn’t wait to “be where the people are,” WE can’t stop fantasizing about the idea of a real-life undersea slumber party. Good news: It is possible to spend a night with the fishiessans snorkel. From your own fully staffed submarine to a tri-level floating suite in the Indian Ocean, there’s no shortage of amazing underwater resorts out there. Here are some of our favorite spots for where to stay submerged in style.
1. The Manta Resort, Pemba, Zanzibar: This floating, tri-level suite is an ocean lover’s dream come true. Spend the day lounging on the surface-level sundeck or pop down below to the bedroom, a glass box four meters below the ocean’s surface. And there’s no need to hang a Do Not Disturb sign since visitors can only access the resort via a private wooden boat.
2. Lovers Deep, Caribbean: This luxury submarine blows the typical dinner and movie date night out of the water. You control the location (chose from any of the Caribbean islands), and the Lovers Deep team will take care of the rest. Romantic extras include scattered rose petals, an aphrodisiac-infused menu and a soundtrack curated for underwater lovin’. But submarine slumber parties don’t come cheap — one night will cost you almost $300K.
3. Conrad Maldives Rangali Island, Rangali Island, Maldives: Extraordinary is an understatement when it comes to these chic underwater accommodations. This luxe property features private plunge pools, luxe villas and award-winning spas. Dream about dining in the company of sea creatures? Don’t miss your opportunity at the resort’s famed Ithaa Restaurant, where you’ll also find floor-to-ceiling ocean views and the world’s first underwater wine cellar.
4. Atlantis, The Palm, Dubai: If you thought bubble baths were exciting, wait until you check into this luxury underwater resort. The three-story suites have tubs surrounded by floor-to-ceiling windows. When’s the last time you were able to spy on more than 50,000 different species of sea creatures while you were soaking? And the luxury touches don’t stop there. All of the bathroom’s amenities are made with *real* gold.
5. Huvafen Fushi, North Malé Atoll, Maldives: While the rooms at this resort are above water, the property’s spa, LIME, is completely submerged. This might be the only time during a massage when you *won’t* want to doze off into deep relaxation. The geniuses at LIME strategically placed mirrors just above the spa bed’s face so you can easily scope sea life as you’re being pampered. The special treatment beds lined with water mattresses help to set the mood.
6. Jules’ Undersea Lodge, Key Largo, Florida: Adventure lovers, take note: The only way to reach this hotel is by scuba diving 21 feet down. Formerly the La Chalupa Research Laboratory, this wacky resort is the most modest of the group by far. Guests share bathrooms and the use of the hotel’s common area, which features an entertainment center and a kitchenette. We suggest booking the JUL for Two package ($800) to experience the property’s world famous underwater pizza delivery (yes, you read that correctly).
7. Poseidon Undersea Resort, Fiji: Billed as the world’s first seafloor resort, this yet-to-open five-star property has everything from a super swanky restaurant to a library to an underwater wedding chapel. The opening date is still TBD, and you better start saving your sand dollars now because reservations at this high-end resort were priced at a weekly rate of $30,000 per couple.
Would you spend the night underwater? Let us know in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)