20 Pieces of Unconventional Glassware
Last week’s celebration of beer got us to thinking even more about drinking than usual. We’ve already shown you how to turn a tumbler and shot glass into a universal party glass, how to turn wine bottles into tumblers, and how to turn a mason jar into a coffee cup, but what about all the unique and unusual glassware already on the market?
To prep you properly for a festive football weekend and plenty more happy hours ahead, here are 20 pieces of unique and unusual glassware.
1. Magnetic Shot Glasses ($26): Keep those shot glasses in check with this magnetic tray + glass set. Turning it upside down is definitely a fun party trick for calling out those friends who skimped on the shot-taking.
2. Icy Highball Glasses ($55 for 2): Love the icicle-inspired look of these highball glasses.
3. Cupa Glasses & Wood Holder ($90): Who says your cups can’t be a little tipsy too?
4. RedNek Wine Glasses ($25 for 2): You’ve probably seen this at some point. Mason jars plus candlesticks obviously equal redneck wine glasses :)
5. Wine Hourglasses ($75 for 4): Pace yourself with this fun set of hourglasses.
6. Coca Cola Drinking Glasses ($13 for 6): Can’t beat the real thing!
7. Gold Leaf Glassware ($20): These gold-dipped glasses are perfect for winter soirees, Oscars viewing parties, and any old Tuesday night.
8. Winestein ($19): Turning into a wino but still love a classic beer bug? Winestein time.
9. Crinkled Cup ($10): Inspired by Rob Brandt’s famous 1975 art piece, these crinkled glasses are tricky.
10. Red Cup Wine Glass ($6): Solo cup-inspired glassware for folks who can’t leave those college days behind.
11. Swivel Cognac Glass ($47 for 2): Made to cradle in the hand and savor select cognacs and liqueurs, this glass is certainly out of the ordinary.
12. Blade Runner Whiskey Glass ($150 for 2): Might seem like a lot to spend on a pair of glasses, but it’s the same glass used in Blade Runner!
13. Cocktail Roller Rock Glass ($18): This glass comes with a super special spherical ice cube mold and has a built in “rock” at the bottom allowing the ice ball to swirl naturally around the glass.
16. Musical Wine Glasses ($63 for 2): Each glass is equipped with musical notations that correspond to the level of liquid in the glass and will produce the correct note when you run your finger along the rim of the glass. A full set of 12 covers an entire octave! We like to think this product was inspired by one Miss Congeniality.
17. Waterfowl Whiskey Glasses ($25 for 4): Ca-caw! Learn about the birds of the water as you sip your latest bottle of Bulleit.
18. Double Wall Irish Coffee Glasses ($30 for 2): Another option for keeping hot drinks hot, these double wall glasses are gorgeous.
19. Glass Tank ($340): More a conceptual sculpture than a practical glass, this acts as a decanter and glass for one.
20. Swimmers (Unavailable): Love this playful pair.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.