The best desserts are equal parts simple and delicious, and vegan banana nice cream definitely fits the bill. Bananas have the right balance of sweetness and creaminess for an ice cream base, and they work well with all kinds of flavor add-ins. Add strawberries and protein powder to blended bananas to make a nice cream smoothie bowl, or keep things indulgent with a topping of coconut whipped cream and homemade hot fudge. You really can’t go wrong. You don’t need an ice cream maker, either — just a food processor or blender. Get started with these six recipes, but don’t be afraid to experiment with whatever flavors you’re craving.
1. 2-Ingredient Vegan Banana Nice Cream: Dessert doesn’t get simpler, or, honestly, healthier than this. Blend frozen bananas with non-dairy milk until they’re super creamy, then get crazy with all the toppings.
2. Vegan Banana Avocado Ice Cream: Avocados are incredibly creamy, though neutral-tasting on their own. Blend them with sweet bananas, coconut milk, and lime simple syrup, and you’ve got a perfectly balanced vegan ice cream base just waiting to get covered in a dollop of coconut whipped cream.
3. Vegan Froot Loop Milkshakes: It’s a true travesty that Fruit Loops aren’t vegan, but luckily the brand Fruitful O’s has stepped in to fill the breakfast-cereal-shaped void in our hearts. Use them to make this vegan copycat Burger King milkshake, a blend of bananas, almond milk, vanilla, and those O’s.
4. Vegan Banana Biscoff Ice Cream: Biscoff biscuits are little spiced cookies often served with coffee in Europe (and given out on certain airlines as a snack). The company also makes a Biscoff spread (AKA spiced, spreadable butter). Get your hands on that, and you’ve got the secret to this two-ingredient vegan ice cream.
5. 2-Ingredient Chocolate Banana Nice Cream: Frozen bananas and vegan hot fudge are all you need to make this tasty frozen treat, though you can also add peanut butter if you really want to get wild. Because it has some added fat, the peanut butter helps the ice cream get really smooth too.
6. Blue Majik Nice Cream: How on Earth do you get a vegan ice cream that’s so beguilingly blue? Blue Majik spirulina powder is the answer, and once you have a taste of something both this pretty and delicious, you’ll want to sprinkle it into anything you whip up in the kitchen. Blue ice cream, blue mashed potatoes, blue pancakes, blue everything!
Get more fun vegan dessert ideas by following us on Pinterest.
(Photos via Brit + Co)