We’ve all had that moment when we’ve seen a beauty product and thought, there’s no way that works. But as wacky as some beauty products might sound, some have gained a cult following worthy of a truly spectacular find. These are not your typical Target beauty brands. While the general idea might seem off-putting, these products are the go-to beauty hacks of some of the top beauty bloggers and celebs out there, and they’ve each got a plethora of rave reviews to prove it. Scroll on to check out 12 of the wackiest, most eyebrow-raising beauty products on the market — the ones that actually work.
1. NuFACE Trinity Facial Toning Device ($325): This crazy-looking tool can actually give you a mini face-lift from the comfort of your home. It smoothes the appearance of wrinkles with the help of electric micro-currents.
2. Lindsay Calendula Modeling Rubber Mask ($6): What’s wacky about a face mask, you ask? As it dries, it takes on a rubber-like consistency. Sure, you’ll probably look a little creepy, but with such great results, it’s hard not to love this best seller.
3. Violent Lips in The Red Glitteratti ($10): Numerous lip trends have been on our radar this past year, but temporary lip tattoos wasn’t one of them. We have to admit, this trend is seriously cool. The temporary tats come in different colors and patterns, giving you a pout that makes a major statement.
4. Tinkle Eyebrow Shaper ($4/3-pack): The name alone has us raising our eyebrows, but after reading numerous rave reviews for this beauty tool online, we were intrigued. These gentle facial razors remove unwanted hair and painlessly shape your brows. The huge cult following behind these razors really speaks for itself.
5. Conair Infiniti Pro Curl Secret Curling Iron ($78): This hair tool is basically like a magic trick — you put a strand of hair into a barrel and seconds later you’re left with the perfect curl. It’ll make your morning hair routine a total breeze.
6. Baby Foot Lavender Exfoliant Foot Peel ($19): This foot mask is unlike anything you’ve tried before. Let your feet soak in the product-filled plastic bags for an hour each day, and soon your feet will be free of dry skin and calluses. It’s the ultimate exfoliation treatment for feet in need of some TLC.
7. Sigma Spa Brush Cleaning Glove ($39): This hot pink glove might look a little silly, but it’s actually a super handy tool. All its nubs and grooves will get your makeup brushes squeaky clean, with the help of a little soap and water.
8. Hair Tamer Bomb Curl Brush ($13): This is so not your typical hairbrush. With 360 degrees of bristles, it’s specifically designed to take control of unruly locks, untangling them painlessly. It’s a godsend for curly hair.
9. LuMee iPhone 6 Case ($55): This phone case is obviously not a beauty product, but it is the case of choice for perfectly lit selfies. Used by the selfie queen herself, Kim Kardashian, the case has an illuminated border for portable beauty lighting.
10. Tweezerman Smooth Finish Facial Hair Remover ($20): Medieval torture device or cult beauty product? This crazy-looking tool removes facial hair quickly and painlessly, leaving you with super soft, peach fuzz-free skin.
11. Demeter Fragrance Library Cologne Spray in Dirt ($17): Um, a perfume that smells like dirt? This little glass bottle might look like an April Fools’ Day joke, but it’s actually one of the most popular fragrances from perfumery brand Demeter. The notorious brand offers up a variety of unique, borderline bizarre fragrances, including Laundromat, Wet Garden and Dark Chocolate. Yum.
12. LUSH Henna Hair Dye ($28): At first glance, you might think this bar is an artisanal piece of chocolate, but it’s actually a hair dye! This solid henna can be broken up into smaller pieces, heated and applied in liquid form. After leaving the concoction in your hair for two to four hours, you’ll be left with glossy, strong, richly colored locks.
Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)