The Wildest Celeb Outfits at the 2018 MTV VMAs
It’s one of music’s biggest nights of the year, and we always look forward to checking out the red carpet fashion at the MTV VMAs. Celebs bring out their wildest looks to grace the MTV carpet, and this year was no exception. These were the craziest VMA red carpet looks of 2018, from Amber Rose’s Halloween-inspired getup to Rita Ora’s risky gown.
1. Jennifer Lopez: It was perhaps the biggest night for J.Lo as she made Video Vanguard history by being the first Latin artist to win the prestigious award. She donned four gilded and glittery looks throughout the evening in celebration, but it’s this belted, beaded, strapless dress with a peacock skirt that turned heads… and ruffled feathers. (Kevin Mazur/WireImage)
2. Amber Rose: Halloween came early for Rose, who donned this devilishly fun — but NSFW — ensemble. (Axelle/Bauer-Griffin/FilmMagic)
3. Blac Chyna: Rose’s longtime bestie kept her hair and makeup sleek and simple, but brought the drama with her pink chain link-inspired look. (Axelle/Bauer-Griffin/FilmMagic)
4. Rita Ora: Ora risked a serious wardrobe malfunction in a sheer black gown by Jean Paul Gaultier with black swirl detailing covering just enough. (Axelle/Bauer-Griffin/FilmMagic)
5. Nicki Minaj: It was a huge night for Minaj as she performed a medley from her new album, Queen. She brought her fierce fashion out in full force, rocking a daring one-piece look with a sheer train, which she nearly tripped over as she made her way to the stage to accept her award for “Best Hip Hop,” before pal Ariana Grande saved the day. (Paul Zimmerman/Getty)
6. Teyana Taylor: Taylor gave us so many Lara Croft vibes in her Tomb Raider-inspired outfit. (Nicholas Hunt/Getty)
7. Dascha Polanco: We know the naked dress trend is going nowhere on the red carpet, and we love the OITNB star’s ethereal, flamenco-inspired take with dramatic eye makeup. (Nicholas Hunt/Getty)
Which wild fashion moment did you love most from last night’s show? Tweet us @BritandCo.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)