15 Winter Must-Haves for Dogs
Whenever you’re looking for unconditional love and instant cuddles, you turn to your pets. And now that it’s cold outside, your pets need extra warmth for when you’re not home to chill and sip hot cocoa. They get it — winter festivities are in full swing. Since you’re not one to leave our favorite four-legged companions out in the cold, we’ve put together an assortment of cozy, cuddly and positively adorable wintertime must-haves for your puppy pals. Check out these 15 irresistible finds you can buy or DIY for your fave furry friend.
1. Super Dog Blanket ($31): What’s the best way to stay warm? Snuggling up with this super-soft handmade blanket by Etsy seller Psia Matka. She uses the same materials to make blankets for people, so get one big enough to share to cover all your bases.
2. Personalized Christmas PJs ($19+): The Etsy store behind these precious pajamas makes monogrammed jammies of all shapes and sizes. Get matching ones for every member of the family for an a-dork-able Christmas picture.
3. Greyhound Reindeer Print ($25+): This delightful fine art photo features an adorable greyhound dressed up in a knit deer snood. It’s a perfect gift for the greyhound fan in your life. Bonus: Purchase this pattern ($5) to crochet your own antlered hood for your pup so you can take your own inspired photo.
4. DIY Doggy Coats: Too. Cute. Practical too. This fully adjustable, water-resistant coat is perfect for little dogs who need extra warmth and protection on outdoor excursions this winter. It’s a great DIY project if you’re handy with a sewing machine. Here’s the pattern for easy reference: Top, Underside and Strap. (via Martha Stewart)
5. Plaid Pajamas ($15): What’s cuter and more cuddly than a puppy? A puppy in pajamas.
6. Custom Crocheted Dog Scarf ($15+): Cozy crochet with chunky buttons is a fixture of the season, and now Rover can rock the look too. The artist at Lots of Spots Boutique will customize a scarf in almost any color and for any dog.
7. Holiday Santa Bandana ($4): This lush velvet bandana is perfect for dressing up your pooch for a home holiday party. The jingle bell at the tip is a subtle but festive touch.
8. Custom Christmas Tutu ($18): Oh. Em. Gee. This holiday tutu might be the best accessory of the year. This one is made with your pooch’s comfort in mind — the tulle doesn’t go all the way around the bottom.
9. Pink Quilted Zip Booties ($15): With a buildup of salt, sand, ice and snow, wintertime can be tough on sensitive paws. Prepare your pup to brave the outdoors no matter the weather with these stylish pink booties from Petco.
10. Dog Bone Christmas Stockings ($35): If Santa is, in fact, making a list and checking it twice, he’s not planning to forget anyone — and that includes our four-legged family members. Make sure no one gets left out, and hang one of these charming stockings by the chimney with care.
11. Puppy’s First Christmas Ornament ($21): Dog lovers are a little like parents — our pets are our babies. Your puppy’s first Christmas is a momentous occasion, so cherish the memory with a hand-stamped ornament.
12. Cave Burrow Bed ($57): Little dogs are particularly prone to feeling the winter chill, so combat the cold with a snuggly bed for your pup to burrow into. Plus, it’s made with super soft and easy-to-wash Minky Sherpa fleece.
13. Cozy Cave Dog Bed ($80+): Big dogs like to burrow too. When the weather outside is frightful, your pooch can curl up and sleep sweetly in this protected bed. It’s warm, soft and cozy. So cozy, in fact, you’ll want one for yourself.
14. Gourmet Snowmen Dog Treats ($15/set of 10): These tasty treats are a great winter reward for a well-behaved pooch. Plus, they’re made to order with all-natural, grain-free ingredients, so they’re a healthy alternative to conventional doggie treats.
15. DIY Holly Leaf Collar: For a quick, simple DIY project, this holly leaf collar requires minimal sewing skills and only a few materials. Got some extra time on your hands? Make a few for your friends, and host a holiday photo shoot featuring your pals and their pups! (via DIY Network)
How adorable are these pups? Follow us on Pinterest for more pet inspo!