20 Pieces of Weather-Proof Apparel for Your Pup
When the cold weather hits, we’re all about layers, puffers, hats and coats. But what about your precious pup? She’s gotta stay warm too. This winter, pencil in some long walks with your dog and get your cam ready, because we’ve rounded up some of the cutest and most functional (and okay, occasionally goofy) weather-proof dog apparel out there. From rain-wicking coats to cozy sherpa-lined vests, these pieces will have your four-legged pal ready for whatever Mother Nature sends his way.
1. Dog Raincoat ($48): This rain jacket is as functional as it is adorable. The zip-front jacket protects against wind and rain and comes in three sizes, which should fit almost any pet.
2. Dog Booties ($69): While hats and coats will go a long way toward keeping your pet warm, save your pup’s paws from salted sidewalks with these rugged booties.
3. Fleece Hoodie ($28): Every hipster beast needs this hoodie in his wardrobe. American Apparel’s most popular fleece gets a cute doggy spin, just in time for the winter.
4. Bone Zone Beanie ($10): Your canine bud will make his interests abundantly clear when he wears this message beanie.
6. Cloud Chaser ($79): Rain, snow, wind and cold won’t stop your pup from any outdoor adventures in this jacket, which is especially tailored for rambunctious dogs on the move.
7. Overcoat Utility Jacket ($45): If you only get one piece of clothing for your pet, get them this one. It may not have the hipster appeal of that American Apparel hoodie, but it’s guaranteed to protect him from chill and moisture. As an added plus, the reflective trim will keep him visible in dim light.
10. Pet Parka ($24): Understated and cozy, this parka is super insulated for pets living in the coldest climates.
12. High-Visibility Dog Coat ($22): If Shadow and Chance had been wearing this in Homeward Bound, their long, perilous journey would have taken half the time.
13. Trapper Hat ($10): Get your pup into the holiday spirit and keep her ears warm at the same time with this fabulous trapper hat.
14. Frost Jacket ($80-$85): Whether you’re hiking up some rocky trails or casually strolling downtown, your furry friend will want to stay out with you all day in this snug coat.
15. Polka Dot Fleece ($14-$16): Marrying the best in fashion and function, this precious jacket will keep your pet warm in style.
16. Reversible Puffer Vest ($27- $45): Big dogs need to stay cozy too. This trendy vest is reversible and will keep his body warm from head to tail.
17. Urban Ski Pants ($25-$27): We know these look a little (okay, A LOT) ridiculous, but if you’re hitting the slopes with your dog, then these pants are a must-have.
18. Ski Vest ($33-$43): Move over, snow bunnies. It’s all about the snow pups. Now that she’s rocking those ski pants, go ahead and get her this fur-lined ski vest to match.
20. Raincoat ($50): We can always count on Skymall for some crazy (or crazy brilliant?) products. Rain will roll right off your pup in this innovative jacket with an umbrella hood, while the fleece lining will keep him cozier than ever.
Would you get your dog weather-proof apparel? Tell us in the comments below!