9 Winter Wedding Dresses That Will Make You Forget About the Cold
We’re calling it: There are officially so many things to love about a winter wedding. Obvs we are fans of the snowy photo shoots, fur cover-ups and hot cocoa bars that come with cold-weather weddings, but the fashion can’t be overlooked. Trust us — if you’re tying the knot from November to February, you’re gonna want to cover up in style for the big day. But don’t worry — there are plenty of options that are so gorgeous they’ll make you forget all about the frigid temps. Scroll below for some of our fave frocks for a wintertime wedding.
1. Pleats on Pleats: The pleats on this gorg muslin winter dress are straight out of another era. The material is light as crepe paper though, so no uncomfortable petticoats or corsets to contend with.
2. Ice Princess: If your goal is to look like a princess on your wedding day, you’ll completely #slay in this embellished bodice and ballgown skirt. Let’s just throw in a tiara and call it a day.
3. Silver Queen: Just because you’re getting married in winter doesn’t mean you have to match the white decor around you. This is the perfect time of year to include some metallic accents on your gown that would read OTT for a spring wedding.
4. Neck the (Wedding) Halls: Winter is pretty much the only time of year you can look at a turtleneck and even think about it for a wedding dress. This dress has the mod-meets-glam style nailed.
5. Oh Snow Pretty: The beaded lace appliques, organza and #somuchtulle are breathtaking for a grand winter affair. The delicate sheer layer may not keep the chills totally at bay during photos, but you can always add a gorg fur wrap for that.
6. Silver Bells: Not into white? This is the perfect time of year to instead go for a shade of sparkling silver or dusty dove gray for your gown. Imagine a snowcapped wedding party in this baby. You’ll completely kill it.
7. Bohemian Winter: If you’re going for bohemian style decor at your winter affair, a simple all white gown featuring long sleeves and lace paneling looks ahmazing. Accent it with a color-rich bouquet and a head-turning hairpiece to finish off the look.
8. Illusion Sleeve: This sweetheart neckline, mermaid gown is absolute goals. But add in the illusion sleeves with sliver embellished accents and the whole look really comes together. You’re ready to walk down your snow-covered aisle.
9. Lacey Lady: Kate Middleton isn’t the only one who can make lace sleeves look completely contemporary. This look is ideal for winter brides looking for a more traditional style but still want to bring the sex appeal on their big day.
Looking for your dream dress? For more wedding inspo, follow us on Pinterest!