Even if you’re eating right, getting enough sleep and a bit of exercise, those breakouts can be super sneaky. Nothing is more frustrating than having a big event like a wedding or job interview and having to deal with bad skin. If you are pressed for time and are looking for options to get glowing skin overnight, here are 13 tried and true ways to get your best skin ASAP!
1. Wash Your Face: Always wash your face before bed! If you’re not washing away all the dirt and sweat from the day, you’re asking for a breakout. Stash cleansing wipes on your nightstand for nights when you’re too tired to move. (via Seventeen)
3. Hydrate Your Skin: A dry face is much more prone to wrinkles and aging. Simply washing your face before you sleep and applying a rich, non-pore clogging lotion with anti-aging properties will make a huge difference in the texture of your skin. (via Refinery 29)
4. Spot Treatment: Before bed, use a spot treatment containing a combination of sulfur and salicylic acid. Try Mario Badescu Drying Lotion for $17 to kill bacteria and clean out the pores. After cleaning your face, use a Q-tip to apply a spot treatment directly to any budding blemishes. (via Daily Makeover)
5. Use a Clay Mask: The ingredients will penetrate deep into your skin and clean out excess oil and bacteria. This can also double as an exfoliator to open pores and get rid of the gunk clogged inside! (via Rawmazing)
6. Oatmeal Mask: Combine cooked oatmeal with lemon juice and egg. The oatmeal’s antioxidants will bring down swelling, while the acid in the lemon kills bacteria in your pores and the vitamin E in the egg will tighten skin so it appears perfectly smooth. (via Georgina May)
8. Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is famous for treating wounds and scars and also acts as a remedy to rid of acne fast. Apply Aloe Vera juice or gel on spots and let dry for about one hour before washing it off with warm water. (via Mind Body Green)
10. Toothpaste: Apply a non-gel toothpaste before going to bed. For the most significant improvement, wake up a few times during the night and check whether toothpaste is still covering the spot. If it is not, add more. (via Stuff at School)
11. Steam It Out: Put your face over a bowl of boiling water and let the steam moisturize it for two to three minutes. This helps in removing dirt, dust and oil from the pores of the skin without aggravating pimples. (via Health Beneficial)
12. Aspirin Or Baking Soda: Dissolve an aspirin in a little water and then apply the paste to the spot for no more than five minutes. The reason this works is that aspirin and baking soda contain the same acid that many acne treatments use to exfoliate dry skin and decrease redness. (via Livestrong)
Do you have any magic skin treatment tricks? Let us know in the comments below!