10 Catstagram Accounts That Will Make Your #NationalCatDay
Ah, cats: Let us count the ways we love thee. Whether they’re stealing our hearts in Halloween garb or slaying the great outdoors, there’s no denying that these strange little creatures have earned an irreplaceable spot in our hearts (and on the internet) forever. Thus, it only seemed fitting that on National Cat Day we’d pay homage to our feline friends with 10 of the best cat Instagram accounts around, each one unique in his/her own way. But instead of the usual suspects (we ALL love Grumpy Cat and ‘Lil BUB, after all), you’ll find some rising stars on the list who you need to know before they hit the big time (if they haven’t already). Read on to see who made the cut below!
1. @winstonsmushface, 20.9K followers: We can’t even begin to explain all the ways seeing Winston Smushface’s mug cross our feed brings us joy. Maybe it’s the completely ungentlemanly way he sits, or that look of complete bewilderment that seems to be permanently etched on his face… or maybe it’s just that ridiculous haircut. But whatever it is, we can not. get. enough.
2. @goalkitty, 31.7K followers: If you’re not familiar with Keys, AKA Goal Kitty, allow us to introduce you to your new obsession. Keys likes to raise his arms into the air like a field goal. A lot. For no particular reason. His owner can’t explain the behavior, but luckily, he documents it for us all and posts it to Instagram, and really, isn’t that reason enough?
3. @loki_the_sphynx, 23.7K followers: Not only is Loki the Sphynx unusual in breed (he’s hairless, in case you hadn’t noticed), he’s also… unusually well dressed? No, but seriously: This cat has a jumper collection like you wouldn’t believe. Those sweaters paired with those smoldering stares? Pure Instagram gold.
4. @soulpatchkat, 7,229 followers: Soul Patch Kat is a cool little chick — so cool, in fact, that she even has her own likeness on a pillow. Unique for (what else?!) the black soul patch she sports on her chin, this kitty recently underwent surgery on her hip, so here’s to wishing her a speedy recovery!
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by PrincessMonsterTruck © (@princessmonstertruck) on
5. @princessmonstertruck, 258K followers: With a face that only a mother (and the rest of the world) could love via Instagram, Princess Monster Truck has earned her right to her Instagram honors ― she was a stray rescued from “the mean streets of New York.” Now adored by 258K fans, she’s got all the reason in the world to grin that quirky, underbitten grin.
6. @samhaseyebrows, 212K followers: Why, yes. Yes he does. And a whole lot of followers because of it. Whereas Grumpy Cat looks perpetually angry, Sam looks… perpetually alarmed, providing hours of entertainment.
View this post on Instagram
When your carrier is packed away and mom has to upgrade your ride. #roughlife #suckstobeme #studleycat #studmuffin #lockhartstudley #bobblehead #louisvuitton #catsofinstagram #persiancat #exoticshorthair #flamepoint #canada #neko #gato
A post shared by studleycat (@studleycat) on
7. @studleycat, 46.7k followers: Just TRY to tell us that Studley Cat doesn’t look like a tiny little grandpa! Though his round, saucer-shaped eyes and his pushed-in nose often makes him look slightly down in the dumps, he’s simply too cute to look away from.
View this post on Instagram
Practicing yoga.. 😸 #Spice . #catsofinstagram #wonderful_earthpix #catlover #catlife #animal_captures #Excellent_Cats #thedailykitten #weeklyfluff #cats #bestmeow #ilovemycat #bengalcat #Cat_Features #cutepetclub #petphotography #huffpostgram #meow #ilovecats #thedailykitten #猫 #neko #instagram #bengalcatworld #kittensofinstagram #canon_photos #canonphotography #teamcanon
A post shared by SPICE & LELE (@spicethebengal) on
8. @spicethebengal, 19.5k followers: Not only are these Bengal kitties (Spice + Lele) completely darling in and of themselves, the photography on the part of their owners is top notch. These are no amateurs: Even simple behaviors like sharpening claws become total works of art in the hands of this masterful account. Think National Geographic for cats.
9. @nala_cat, 3.1m followers: With 3.1 million followers, Nala is a bonafide Instagram STAR, and it’s not hard to see why: Those wide baby blues paired with a love of… (is that cheese?), sheets and cardboard boxes make her impossible not to love.
10. @tidus03, 2,274 followers: Giving Grumpy Cat a run for his money is Tidus, who, quite frankly, always looks pissed. In all fairness, we’ve got a sneaking suspicion this COULD be due to the frequency with which his owners dress him up (to the amusement of us all).
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Cats With Their Tongues Out (@catswiththeirtonguesout) on
Bonus: @catwiththeirtonguesout, 99.4k followers: The premise of this account is simple enough: Capture cats with — you guessed it! ― their tongues out, but it’s good for a laugh at LEAST twice a week, and, best of all, snaps come from followers, so your own Fluffy pal could get his/her 15 minutes, should you tag the right shot.
Tag your furry (or furless!) feline over @BritandCo.
(Photo via @winstonsmushface)
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.