20 DIY Decor Ideas for the Scorpio Home
If you’re born between October 23 and November 21, listen up! You’re a Scorpio-born babe and *proud* of it. So celebrate your birthday with DIY zodiac decor that best reflects your passionate but private personality. Transform your space with your favorite aesthetics which include raw industrial elements, contemporary accents and mid-century modern furnishings. Whatever your preferred decor style, read on to see how you can give your Scorpion home the upgrade it deserves with these 20 stylish zodiac DIYs.
1. DIY Yarn Tassel Curtains: Curtains are an essential for Scorpios who love their privacy. Add a little texture to them with this colorful yarn tassel DIY. The cute and cozy accessory will be a welcome addition to brighten up your home during the colder months. (via Love and Renovations)
2. DIY Modern Leather Tufted Bench: This gorgeous DIY leather tufted bench is the perfect complement to any living space, whether it’s displayed in your entryway or at the foot of your bed. Cozy it up with a vibrant patterned pillow to balance out its retro feel with a contemporary flair. (via Bre Purposed)
4. DIY Mid-Century Side Table: Set aside this weekend to put together this pretty side table your living room *totally* needs. Balance out the vintage wood finish with a refreshing pop of color. (via Sugar & Cloth)
5. DIY Printable Skincare Labels: As a water sign, chances are you take your bathroom accessories *very* seriously. If you pride yourself on your impressive collection of bath and body products, these printable skincare labels will definitely come in handy. (via Proper)
7. DIY Painted Mid-Century Drawer Pull Starburst: Give any old nightstand a mid-century modern makeover with a starburst drawer pull. Check out your local thrift store for a budget-friendly way to find the perfect antique accessory. (via Dream Green DIY)
8. DIY Concrete Paperweights: Regardless of your home decor style, solidity is one factor Scorpios can appreciate. Spruce up your desktop space with these concrete paperweights that’ll appeal to your grounded personality. (via Burkatron)
9. DIY No-Paint Black and White Curtains: If you’ve got some curtains in need of sprucing up, give them an elevated look with this DIY black and white pattern. The best part of this mess-free DIY is that it doesn’t require any paint! (via Cuckoo4Design)
10. DIY Abstract Art: Scorpios are recognized as one of the most mysterious of the zodiacs. Have your home reflect this notable trait with thought-provoking works of art, like this abstract watercolor print. (via Earnest Home Co.)
11. DIY Wood and White Desk Organizers: These desktop organizers will feed your need for clean, uncluttered surfaces. Their white and wood finish will further cater to your appreciation for mid-century modern aesthetics. (via Drawn to DIY)
12. DIY Subway Tile Candle Holder: As a sensual type, you’ve got quite the collection of candles to boast. If a couple of them can do with an aesthetic upgrade, make this candle holder that’ll add a sophisticated touch to any surface of your home. (via Drawn to DIY)
13. DIY Nightstand Makeover With Americana Decor Satin Enamels: True to your zodiac’s intense personality, you love your share of dark and brooding colors. Give your outdated nightstand a Scorpio-approved update with a wash of black paint finished off with matching black enamel knobs. (via By Brittany Goldwyn)
14. DIY Full Wall Industrial Piping Shelves: It’s no surprise your taste for dark colors and dense materials translates to an industrial home decor style. If you agree, install some piping shelves to give your space that quintessential warehouse look. (via One Broads Journey)
15. DIY Pendant + Leather Tassel: Mood lighting is one of the most important aspects of a Scorpion home. So light up your home with this DIY pendant featuring an industrial light bulb cage and a stylish burgundy leather tassel. (via Jojotastic)
16. DIY Lucite Bathtub Caddy: If bathing is one of your favorite pastimes, let yourself indulge in a pampering sesh with this luxurious bath caddy. This handy DIY is a great spot to set your bath salts, a candle or a book if you enjoy reading in the tub. (via A Beautiful Mess)
18. DIY Black Dip Dye Pillow: It’s likely you’ve come across the dip-dyed look if you keep up with decor trends. Bring the style favorite to your home by painting a plain white pillowcase half black. (via Homey Oh My)
19. DIY Painted Eye Statement Wall: Boring white walls won’t stand a chance once you’re done with this DIY. Not to mention, the mysterious eye pattern will appeal to your fascination with deciphering meaning from things. (via A Beautiful Mess)
20. DIY Hand-Brushed Containers: Give ordinary containers, cups and candle holders a bold transformation with as little as black paint. Plus, this DIY will save you money on this trendy decor look. (via Passion Shake)
How will you be doing up your Scorpio home? Follow us on Pinterest for more zodiac-inspired decor!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.