With the Fourth of July, we’re gearing up for the biggest birthday celebration of the year. We’re planning our most patriotic outfits and heading to the nearest beach or barbecue to celebrate this exciting day. If you’re wondering where to watch the fireworks this year — or where they’re so good you’ll suffer from FOMO if you’re not there — here are 10 patriotic displays you won’t want to miss!
1. The 39th Annual Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks: Ready for the biggest, most spectacular fireworks display in the country? You won’t want to miss Macy’s annual fireworks show in New York City. Gloria Estefan will also perform her debut of “America,” which is bound to give you chills. (via Macy’s)
2. Red, White and BOOM!: Held on July 3, Red White and BOOM! is one of the longest fireworks shows in the country. Touting 26 minutes of fantastic fireworks, this amazing celebration takes place in downtown Columbus, Ohio. (via Red, White and BOOM!)
3. Wawa Welcome America!: There’s no better place to celebrate the Fourth of July than at the birthplace of the United States: Philadelphia. The Wawa Welcome America! celebration includes one of the biggest fireworks displays in the country as well as the country’s largest free outdoor concert. If you’re a music lover, this is the perfect event for you. (via Visit Philadelphia)
4. Music City July 4th – Let Freedom Sing: This year, Nashville will be home to the largest Fourth of July fireworks display in the United States. Let Freedom Sing will feature live performances by Martina McBride and Mikky Ekko. (via Visit Music City)
5. Fourth of July in NOLA: Looking for the biggest party in the country to celebrate our nation’s birthday? Then you’ll definitely want to head down to New Orleans. From Sparks in the Park to the Uncle Sam Jam, there’s a variety of events that’ll get you excited for the fourth! (via NOLA)
6. Grand Haven’s 4th of July Fireworks: Spending your 4th of July in the Great Lakes region? You don’t want to miss this spectacular Lake Michigan fireworks display in Grand Haven, MI. Not only do you get to experience an amazing fireworks show, but there’s also a must-see Musical Fountain performance that’s bound to leave you breathless! (via Visit Grand Haven)
7. Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular: There’s nothing more patriotic than the Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular. With a special performance by the Boston Pops and a dazzling fireworks display, this event attracts over 800,000 spectators from around the country. (via July 4th)
8. Freedom Blast: Here’s another Midwest favorite that’s jam-packed with Fourth of July festivities. Hosted in downtown Indianapolis, Freedom Blast is the largest fireworks display in Indiana. Before you spend the evening watching fireworks, be sure to head out to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway or sign up for the Firecracker Six Mile Run. (via Firecracker 6)
9. Grand Park 4th of July Block Party: Calling all foodies in LA! The 4th of July Block Party hosted by Grand Park offers amazing food trucks, music from local artists and a dynamite fireworks display. This is definitely an event you and all your friends can enjoy. (via Grand Park)
10. Minneapolis’s Red White and Boom: Touted the best city in the country to celebrate the Fourth of July by Wallethub, Minneapolis is home to dozens of patriotic celebrations. If there’s one event you don’t want to miss, it’s the Red White and Boom celebration. Boasting one of the largest fireworks shows in Minnesota and a “Hot Dam” 5k and half marathon, Red White and Boom is a great way to celebrate Independence day. (via Twin Cities Fireworks)
Where are you celebrating the Fourth of July this year? Tell us in the comments below!
(Featured image via The Boston Calendar)