In between the parade and the fireworks on the 4th of July, it’s party time. And that means you’ll be busting out all the stops to cram as much red, white + blue fun into those hours as possible. So this year, once the sweet treats are baked and the decor is in place, set up a DIY photo booth that will wow your guests as much as the impending sky show. From bunting and backgrounds to props and party favors, scroll through to see the 18 items that will make the festivities so snappable and share-worthy.
1. Sparklers ($15 for 25): Light up the sky before the big show with these classic warm-weather party props. Be sure to flash that patriotic mani as you pose with your flair.
3. Glitter Balloons: Oh boy, this DIY takes the term “sparklers” to a whole new level. Fill red, white and blue-loons with glitter + water and get ready for the ballon toss/fight of a lifetime! (via Creating Laura)
4. Uncle Sam Props ($11): LOL while you pose as Uncle Sam — white goatee beard and all!
7. Gold Number Party Balloon ($6): Anchor giant golden balloons anywhere around your party space and THAT’S where the crowd will gather, guaranteed. Let more guests get in on the fun by spelling out “4th” or “USA” with golden letter balloons, too!
8. Lady Liberty Crown Printable: Okay, we know that this adorable little girl is donning this iconic Statue of Liberty crown, but… is it wrong that WE want to borrow it? We’re gonna go ahead and say no, and just print one for every kid (and kid-at-heart) who RSVP’d ;) (via Paging Supermom)
9. Pom Pom Mobile: Made out of metallic pipe cleaners, these sparkly suspended stars are one of the easiest (+ cheapest) ways to DIY a wow-worthy photo background. Hang in clusters to get the greatest effect. (via The Merrythought)
10. Crazy Patriotic Shades ($8): Shutter shades, peace sign sunnies + star-shaped frames. Yes, yes and yes! They’re ALL necessary for Instagram-worthy party snaps.
13. Flag Backdrop: Major props to the founding fathers for making our flag so darn DIY-able. When all else fails, rely on this icon for photo booth backdrop inspo (Psst, when the party’s over, use it as a beach or picnic blanket!). (via The House That Lars Built)
14. Star Glasses Props ($10): Strike a kooky pose with these spangled glasses. Not only will the punchy pair do your party good, but $5 from your purchase will be donated to the Wounded Warrior Project — that’s something to really celebrate.
15. Kite Garland: Put those leftover party straws to good use and add them to the backs of diamond-cut scrapbook paper to make kite garland. It’s a way cute decoration that can live on in the kids room post-celebration. (via Brit + Co)
17. Lots and lots of flags ($9 for 12): You’ve DIY-ed show-stopping props and special ordered favors that guests will never forget, but… did you remember to buy flags? Consider this your friendly reminder ;)
18. Patriotic Mustache Printables: Of course, there can’t be a photo booth shoot without mustache props. Our kick-A designer Annie made these patriotic ‘staches that you can download + DIY just like this:
It’s so simple: Cut out the printable, tape it to a wooden dowel or a skewer, and get ready to pose your silly faces off!
We’re really good at that ;)