We love supporting creatives and makers of all kinds, which is why we’re a tad addicted to scrolling through all the newly released Kickstarter and Indiegogo projects. After scoring big with last week’s hot crowdfunds, we’re pumped to explore even more maker-approved goodies this side of Sunday. Without further ado, here are this week’s 10 coolest crowdfunds.
1. SproutsIO: Don’t worry, we’ve all killed that one supposedly no-maintenance succulent. For those lacking in the gardening department, this new tech is definitely a must. SproutsIO is a high performance system that makes growing produce ridiculously simple — we’re serious, all you have to do is follow the easy app-synched guide.
2. DistractaGone: For the girl who’s always on her phone at inappropriate or inconvenient times (AKA your bestie’s birthday dinner or during that mega important meeting) this cool lockbox just might be a lifesaver. Just put your cell phone in the box, set the timer and have a few hours of tech-free bliss.
3. Podo: There are a TON of camera gadgets we’d love to hoard at the moment, but this techy app-controlled, stick-anywhere camera is definitely earning a coveted spot on our Christmas list. Take note, Santa!
4. SOLOSOCKS: When there’s a hole in one of our socks, we discard the pair… even when that means throwing away one perfectly good sock. SOLOSOCKS aims to fix this problem by creating sets of different but matching single socks.
5. PinBox 3000 and Gamechanger: Old-school pinball machines are awesome, but most of us don’t have the hundreds of dollars it takes (and the ample space needed) to own one ourselves. Luckily, this $28 alternative exists, and our inner fangirls are screaming.
6. The Rwanda Craft Brewery Project: Josephine “Fina” Uwineza, a Rwandan woman who just happens to be a girlboss entrepreneur AND a high-profile restaurant owner, is trying to establish a woman-owned and operated craft brewery in Kigali, Rwanda. Inspirational lady leaders and delicious brews? Consider us sold.
7. Glance Clock: By syncing the information from your phone, wearable and smart-home devices, this cool clock displays valuable notifications that you actually want to read. It’s basically Molly Weasley’s clock in the Harry Potter books and, yes, we’re obsessed.
8. The Sikh Project Book: After the incredible success of their beautifully bearded Sikh men photography series, the Sikh Project team is now back on Kickstarter to raise funds to put all of their awe-inspiring portraits into a gorgeously bound book.
9. Boolean Box: This build-it-yourself computer and electronics kit teaches girls ages eight and up to code, build and invent the future. Complete with software, mouse and keyboard, all you need is a connection to an HDMI-capable TV and your kiddo will be well on their way to running the world.
Are you funding any crowdfunds at the moment? Tweet us by mentioning @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Feature image via Sgnl)