14 Sweet-and-Salty Christmas Desserts With Bacon
Everyone loves the holidays. Everyone loves bacon recipes. Everyone loves seasonal desserts. So naturally, the logical thing to do is combine these three beloved concepts into one genius combination: Christmas desserts… WITH BACON. This holiday season, pull out all the stops so your guests will no longer have to choose between sweet and savory. These 14 recipes are just sugary enough to qualify as dessert, but they’re also graced with the meaty and salty flavors of America’s favorite breakfast meat. You’re welcome.
1. Maple Bacon Fudge: You’ll soon realize that maple and bacon are a remarkable combination. Trust us — there will be more than a few desserts on this list featuring the combo. Pro tip: When candying bacon, use the thickest meat you can find. (via Ashlee Marie)
2. Chocolate Bacon Peanut Bark: Chocolate and peanuts are also a fab combo, and this bark recipe shows it off. Be sure to go for unsalted peanuts, though, as the bacon will make this flavorful treat salty enough as it is. (via Framed Cooks)
3. Peanut Butter Caramel Bacon Monkey Bread: Monkey bread is a soft, sticky, sugary pastry that’s often served either for breakfast or dessert. This iteration adds peanut butter and caramel to the mix, making for a particularly gooey and delicious treat. (via A Dash of Sanity)
4. Bacon Dark Chocolate Bark With Salted Coconut Caramel: If you’re a holiday bark fan, this recipe will be right up your alley. In addition to (healthy) dark chocolate and (not-so-healthy) sweet caramel, this bark showcases the flavors of bacon and coconut. (via LeelaLicious)
5. Whiskey Bacon Baked Donuts: This one’s a twofer… You could either have this for breakfast on Christmas morning, or serve them as a holiday dessert. Bonus: They’re baked instead of fried, which means they’re *kind of* healthy, right? (via Healthy Aperture)
6. Whiskey Marshmallow and Caramel Bacon Bark: This caramel- and marshmallow-based bark throws an extra-interesting ingredient into the mix: whiskey. Pro tip: Be sure to bring the bark to room temperature before cutting it into servable pieces. (via Bakers Royale)
7. Maple, Bacon and Pumpkin Tart: This recipe has all of the flavors of the season, with fresh pumpkin spread atop fluffy, doughy pastry bread. Buying a store-bought pastry will be a major time-saver, but you’re free to make your own if you’re up for it. (via RecipeTin Eats)
8. Candied Bacon and Nuts: If you’re looking for a dessert that you can munch on all evening, this is it. Plus you can sub out the cinnamon, nutmeg, all spice and ground ginger for one simple ingredient: pumpkin pie spice. SCORE! (via RecipeTin Eats)
9. Maple Bacon Cupcakes: We told you the maple-bacon combo would be showing up a lot. Believe it or not, this scrumptious recipe is a copycat of the bacon cupcakes sold at Disney Epcot’s pop-up restaurant. (via Ashlee Marie)
10. Maple Candied Bacon: Keep things simple with this sweet and delicious candied bacon. It’s the perfect combination of dessert and finger food. Thick-cut bacon, maple syrup and brown sugar are all you need to make this no-frills holiday dessert. (via Closet Cooking)
11. Beer and Bacon Brittle: This recipe calls for bacon, sugar, butter, pecans, cayenne pepper and… beer! We recommend a chestnut brown ale or similar variety, but you can use whatever kind of brew strikes your fancy. (via Brooklyn Brew Shop)
12. Maple Bourbon Bacon and Pecan Butter Tarts: Speaking of bacon- and booze-infused noms, these butter tarts employ the rich, dark flavors of bourbon. You can make them muffin-sized or a little larger, but feel free to spring for store-bought pastry dough to save time and energy. (via Closet Cooking)
13. Salted Maple Bacon Truffles: In case you thought the bacon was only meant for sprinkling atop these babies, think again. There’s also bacon baked right into the fluffy, decadent center of these super-sweet truffles. (via Jo and Sue)
14. Bourbon Bacon Brittle: This sweet, crunchy, caramel-y brittle is perfect for passing around the tree on Christmas Eve. This brittle would be a SUPER yummy addition to a bowl of popcorn, so don’t be afraid to make a double batch for movie night. (via What Molly Made)
Bacon-lovers: Follow us on Pinterest for more recipes and dessert inspiration!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.