Brunch is a fab excuse to indulge in whatever the heck we want. Whether it be sweet or savory, the options are endless, especially when bananas are involved. If you thought the tropical fruit was solely meant to be baked into bread or sliced over cereal on a weekday morning, think again. These 14 brunch-y recipes prove that bananas go way beyond the classic uses in the best way ever.
1. Paleo Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes: This stack of cakes is dairy-free, grain-free, and gluten-free, so just about anyone can dig in. They’re infused with banana flavor and are best served with a drizzle of melted chocolate chips, obv. (via Perchance to Cook)
2. Banana-Walnut Bruléed Oatmeal: Bring your bowl of oats to a whole new level with smashed bananas, crunchy toasted walnuts, and a bruléed sugar top that is oh-so-satisfying to crack into. (via A Modest Feast)
5. Banana Cherry Smoothie Bowl: Packed with beautifying superfoods, this refreshing vegan smoothie bowl brings a banana cherry combo to your brunch that will knock your proverbial socks off. (via Bakerita)
6. Aquafaba French Toast Casserole: GF and vegan French toast never looked *so* good. It’s made with aquafaba, nut milk, natural sweeteners, and smashed bananas, so there’s nada to feel guilty about here. (via A Saucy Kitchen)
7. Vegan Banana Waffles: If you find yourself with an awful craving for a waffle, these soft and chewy bad boys will do the trick. They’re healthy and only require three ingredients. (via Beaming Banana)
8. Berry Banana Bread: This ain’t your average banana bread. This loaf encourages you to take full advantage of seasonal berries for a brunch-y treat that will please the masses. (via Breakfast for Dinner)
12. Banana Coconut French Toast: This delicious French toast recipe is perfect for adventurers and explorers, as it uses shelf-stable ingredients for those no-frill camping trips sans cooler. (via Fresh Off the Grid)
13. Banana Bread French Toast: This genius recipe turns something awesome into something even more awesome by combining two faves and topping ’em with honey cinnamon bananas. (via The Cupcake Chronicles)
Follow us on Pinterest for more sweet brunch recipes.