Banana Bread for Days: 40 Recipes to Make This Weekend
Wondering what to do with those over-ripe bananas? You’ve come to the right place. We’ve got 40 recipes that will satisfy all of your Chiquita cravings, from classic loaves to tiered tiramisu, even truffles and hot cereal. And did we mention these are all banana breads? We’ve put many a spin on this classic fave, so next time you leave plantain’s cousin out for too long, you can — wait for it — go bananas.
1. Cherry Banana Bread: Not only does this recipe offer a little extra tart to your already satisfied taste buds, there’s also a hearty decadence thanks to the oatmeal and chocolate chips. (via Brit + Co)
6. Coconut Bananas Foster Bread With Greek Yogurt Glaze: Instead of the traditional loaf, recreate your banana bread recipe as a stick-to-the-ribs breakfast that will go oh-so well with the impending cool temperatures. (via Butter Lust)
11. Banana Bread in a Jar: In our next life, we will own a B+B that serves these individual-sized treats for breakfast each morning. Until then, they’ll be part of our everyday rotation. (via Bakerette)
14. Single Serving Blender Banana Bread: Got a craving for banana bread but don’t want the temptation of an entire loaf? Enter this blender-friendly bread that fits perfectly into a mini loaf pan (or three muffin cups). (via In Katrina’s Kitchen)
24. Chocolate Banana Bread With Peanut Butter Glaze: They had us at chocolate banana bread with peanut butter glaze. (via The Baking Robot)
26. Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread: There’s something about brown butter that’s 100% irresistible. (via The Corner Kitchen Blog)
28. Banana Bread Muffins With Blueberry Glaze: Add a colorful pop to your next batch of banana bread muffins with a homemade blueberry glaze, then balance out its tartness with a handful of sweet white chocolate chips. (via The Kitchen McCabe)
29. Blueberry Sour Cream Banana Bread: The (not so) secret ingredient to making your next batch of baked anything extra moist? Sour cream. The (other not so) secret ingredient to adding antioxidant power to your next bite? Blueberries. (via Typical Domestic Babe)
30. Banana Bread Cookie Sandwiches: This banana bread alternative will satisfy the sweetest cravings and will pair nicely with a glass of ice cold milk. Pro tip: For the remaining warm days of summer, swap the yogurt filling for vanilla ice cream to make these banana bread ice cream sandwiches. (via Imma Eat That)
31. Peanut Butter Banana Bread With Maple Glaze: Remember our earlier praise for peanut butter banana bread? Well if the flavor combo is too savory for your taste buds, top it with a sweet maple glaze. (via Crazy for Crust)
34. Roasted Strawberry Banana Bread: The key to this healthier banana bread option is the roasted strawberries. We wonder what other fruits we should start roasting… (via Confessions of a Bright-Eyed Baker)
37. Blueberry Coconut Banana Bread: By now, our love for blueberries, coconut and banana bread is obvious. Yours will be too after you indulge in a slice of this yummy and colorful loaf. (via Bakers Royale)
So have you gone b-a-n-a-n-a-s for banana bread yet? Tell us about your banana baking adventures below!