We’ve Got the Beets: 20 Delicious Beet Dishes
There are few things we love more than finding food that looks as good as it tastes. Beets just so happen to be one of those foods, and it goes on to impress with added healthy benefits, making it the ultimate culinary trifecta. Whether you are on the hunt for a healthy, crunchy snack or the perfect root dish, these veggies have your back. So queue the beets and get your cooking groove going!
1. Red Beet + White Chocolate Chip Ice Cream: Before the summer months are over, make this cool and creamy beet ice cream for an untraditional twist on one of our favorite treats. There is something absolutely irresistible about this bright pink dessert made with fresh, raw beets. (via Coffee + Quinoa)
2. Smokey Beetroot Hummus: If you want to be the hostess with the mostess, add a pop of color to your food spread with a beet hummus. This delicious dippable is a fun spin on a traditional appetizer and will leave your guests begging for more. (via The Year in Food).
3. Roasted Eggplant and Pickled Beet Sandwiches: When you’re looking for a vegetarian recipe that can still pack a punch, this gourmet veggie sandwich is your new go-to. The roasted eggplant, cheese and fresh herbs are complemented perfectly by the sweet tanginess of pickled beets. Ditch the boring deli cuts and opt for this savory sandwich for your next meal, be it meatless Monday or just a tasty Tuesday. (via Bon Appetit)
4. Roasted Beet Risotto: This creamy comfort food gets a bright and beautiful makeover by adding roasted beets. Packed full of nutritional benefits this recipe will become a dinner favorite for you and your family. (via Savory Nothings)
5. Beet and Turnip Gratin: Brighten up your table setting with a vibrant mix of red, pink and yellow veggies baked to perfection. This easy to prepare, single skillet dish is a must-try recipe. (via Kitchen Konfidence)
6. Marinated Beet Salad With Goat Cheese and Pistachios: If you’re looking for a quick and easy root-veggie recipe, look no further! Simple sliced beets and a fresh homemade dressing come together quickly for the perfect picnic side or pot-luck dish. (via Taste Food)
7. Chocolate Velvet Beet Cupcakes: Ditch the dye in your colorful cupcakes by adding all-natural beets without sacrificing that bold, red velvet look. These delicious desserts keep their rich taste, but have the added healthy benefits of beets. (via Crayons and Croissants)
8. Beet Pancakes: Start your day with beets for breakfast with this unique pancake recipe. You will flip over these beet-filled flapjacks that also happen to be gluten-free. Top it off with homemade beet syrup or honey for a sticky, sweet morning treat! ( via Pamela Wasabi)
9. Beet Salad With Chevre Frais: Dress up your veggies with this fancy beet favorite. Roasted beets are paired with a beet vinaigrette and goat cheese mousse for a dish that is sure to impress. (via NY Times Blog)
10. Moroccan Roasted Beets: Beets get a festive Moroccan twist with this easy and healthy recipe. Create this hearty side dish filled with roasted beets tossed with a balsamic glaze, pomegranate seeds and pistachios for a fall family favorite. (via Feasting at Home)
11. Beet Gnocchi: A classic Italian dish gets a yummy veggie-filled twist with this delightful dinner recipe. Adding pureed beets in place of potatoes in gnocchi is a unique way to create a tasty, new dish. (via Philosophy of Taste)
12. Beet Cake: What if you could get your daily dose of veggies by eating dessert first. We’re so in! This decadent chocolate cake for two is packed full of beets for a sweet and savory treat. It’s the perfect healthy (okay, maybe just healthier) date-night dessert. (via The Simple Lens)
13. Roasted Beets: If you are looking for a classic way to enjoy your favorite root veggie, try simply roasting them for a healthy + yummy side dish. Go the extra gourmet mile by adding goat cheese and pine nuts for a trio of YUM. (via Cooking Plan It)
14. The Beet Tzatziki Feta Fennel Chickpea Parsley Sandwich: When the common BLT or PB&J isn’t enough to cure your sandwich cravings, give this recipe a try. The bold medley of ingredients sit atop a bright bed of beet tzatziki, creating one of the most beautiful (and delicious) sandwiches we’ve ever seen. (via Dorm Room Dinner)
15. Beet and Goat Cheese Napoleons: If you’re hoping to impress a special guest, you can’t go wrong with these gorgeous stacks. While assembly for these beautiful bad boys may be a little tricky, the ingredients list is short and sweet. (via Fifteen Spatulas)
17. Ruby Slipper Smoothie: Thank goodness for a superfood snack that’s also super tasty. All you juicing guys and gals will absolutely love this smoothie recipe filled with beets, blueberries, raspberry and chia seed. (via The Curvy Carrot)
18. Beet and Apple Salad: Give your first course a major boost with this untraditional salad. Bright and bold ingredients are the perfect flavors to bode farewell to summer and welcome in the tastes of autumn. (via Eat Boutique)
19. Beetroot Patty: Build a better burger with delicious beetroot patties. Filled with veggies and herbs then fried to perfection, these patties are the perfect savory snack to serve your guests or fill your dinner plate! (via Playful Cooking)
20. Gluten-Free Beetroot Brownies: Last, but certainly not least this delectable dessert is surprisingly filled with you guessed it… beets! It’s the perfect recipe for the beet-lover who doesn’t yet know they love beets, because the taste is concealed by all of the other flavors for the perfect hidden-veggie dessert. (via Food Crush)
What is your favorite root-veggie inspired recipe? Let us know in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)