Say Yum to These Dwight Schrute-Approved Beet Recipes
There are a bunch of reasons why you should eat beets. They’re great for weight loss (hello, New Year’s resolutions!), they act as an energy boost and, for fans of The Office, they’re Dwight’s favorite food (duh, he owns a beet farm). His quirkiness and love for this colorful veggie inspired us to go on a hunt for some of the tastiest beet recipes out there. Scroll on down to check out these 15 beet-a-licious, Schrute-approved bites.
1. Roasted Beet Hummus: We’ll admit, hummus isn’t the prettiest food on the planet, but mix in a few beets and it turns into one fab looking appetizer. Slice up a few carrots and cucumbers to dip into this tasty snack. (via Minimalist Baker)
3. Maple Roasted Butternut Squash and Beets: Looking for the perfect winter pick-me-up? We’re pretty sure we’ve found it. Combine butternut squash, beets and maple syrup to make this sweet dessert. Yep, we said dessert. (via The Roasted Root)
6. Beet Spaghetti: What’s for dinner? We’re thinking beet spaghetti. Not your average pasta, this dish uses a spiral slicer to turn your beets into noodles! Garnish with cilantro for an extra dash of flavor. (via Linda Wagner)
7. Beet Chips: Cut beets into ultra thin slices to make potato chips’ way healthier (and prettier) cousin. Because we all know that nobody can live without a little crunch in their life. (via Martha Stewart)
9. Raw Citrus Beet Salad: No, we’re not talking about beet noodles again. Although it looks similar, this one’s actually a salad. Don’t forget to add a hint of citrus with orange zest. (via Self Proclaimed Foodie)
10. Beet Bruschetta: If you’re struggling with what to bring to your next potluck, we suggest goat cheese and beet bruschetta. Not only will your friends think it’s tasty, but the presentation is totally wow worthy. (via Feasting at Home)
11. Roasted Beets with Balsamic Glaze: Sweeten up roasted golden and red beets with a honey and balsamic glaze. You will definitely be asking for a second portion of this delectable dish. (via Back to Her Roots)
What’s your favorite beet recipe? Are you going to try any of these dishes? Tell us in the comments below.
No matter what your holiday plans look like this year, we know you want to feel present and able to embrace the warm and festive spirit to the fullest — not be bogged down by errands, stressful hosting duties, and last-minute shopping disasters. We wouldn't be surprised if one look at your December to-do list sent you into a full-on panic.