Thank god it’s Saturday, right? We know you’ve been waiting all week to know which new apps were going to make our best apps of the week list, and we won’t keep you waiting any longer. We’ve got a navigation app that gives directions just like you would IRL and a super fun photo editing group chatting app that is about to become your next fave time waster. Oh yeah, and one of the most popular dating apps on the market right now has just released their Android version. You’re welcome. Now go forth and download!
1. Walc: When giving directions, you often give them by noting landmarks. Walc is a the first navigational app that does the same. You can walk your way through a city based on landmarks, and they’ve just launched something called “Pocket Mode” which allows for a hands-free navigational experience with turn-by-turn directions without having to hold your phone. Handy for when you have no free hands.
2. Bumble: The super popular dating app has finally launched their Android version. Bumble was created by one of the original founders of Tinder and operates much in the same way (swipe right, swipe left), save for one key difference: Only ladies can make the first move, and they only have 24 hours to do it. Get swiping!
3. Tribe: Tribe is the smartphone’s take on a walkie talkie. Communicate easily with your pals in short video messages that are immediately erased upon opening. Plus, the attractive interface is something all your friends are going to love.
4. Yahoo Messenger: Yahoo has re-joined the messenger game with their new iOS and Android app that takes your texting game from zero to 100. Send private messages or group chat with a bunch of friends at once. The best part is that you can actually unsend a message if you want to. Amazing.
5. Flake: You’re about to have waaaaay too much fun with Flake. This new photo editing chatting app allows you access to over 1000 stickers and emojis to add to your pics that you can then share in chats with your friends. Go wild and get really creative.
DL It: Free on iOS
What was your favorite app of the week? Share your thoughts with us on Twitter @britandco!