We’ve shared some of our favorite eco-approved housewares and our own must-try beauty recipes, but what about your everyday personal care products? These finds from top “safe beauty” brands and up-and-coming labels all have one thing in common: Eco-conscious products. Whether you prefer brands that recycle their packaging, use biodegradable ingredients or simply keep their products chemical-free, you’ll find what you’re looking for. Take a peek at these 10 environmentally safe beauty finds.
1. OSEA White Algae Mask ($48): This all-natural mask is brimming with restorative algae, regenerating your skin without all those harsh ingredients. This Malibu-based line, inspired by the ocean, sun, earth and atmosphere, does its part to respect nature by not polluting the environment with harmful chemicals.
2. Juice Beauty Correcting Concealer ($18): This antioxidant-rich concealer helps hide and heal blemishes, staying away from synthetic materials. All Juice Beauty products are created with certified-organic and gluten-free ingredients and are never tested on animals.
3. PLANT Body Wash($20): Ladies, this one’s for the fellas (although you can totally borrow it). The delicious plant-based body wash is free of parabens and other harsh chemicals. But the best part? You’ll be supporting a Brooklyn nonprofit workshop (where it’s made) that employs adults with mental and physical disabilities.
4. Josie Maran Argan Infinity Lip and Cheek Creamy Oil ($18): In six hydrating tints, this lip and cheek stain starts as a cream and melts into the skin for a sheer, natural-looking color. Josie Maran never uses petroleums, parabens, sulfates or phthalates or tests on animals.
5. Alterna Bamboo Volume Uplifting Root Blast ($25): This organic spray will give your hair a major boost, but stays true to its roots by avoiding harmful dyes, sulfates and GMOs. Alterna’s products are eco-certified and fair-trade compliant, and always keep your hair looking great.
6. PlantLove by CARGO Lip Gloss ($16): Get the high shine of a traditional lip gloss without all the nasty chemicals. The soothing and nourishing oils keeps your lips baby soft while adding an intense sheen.
7. Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream ($27): Kiehl’s top-selling, award-winning moisturizer trains skin to absorb more moisture from the air, leaving you with a healthier-looking complexion. If you participate in their recycle and rewards programs you can qualify for free products. Great deal, huh?
8. Lush Ocean Salt Scrub ($22 – 36): This company has its own “green policy,” which strives to protect the planet, its people and animals. Most of their products are “naked” (aka light on the packaging, which means light on the waste), all are made up of environmentally responsible items and sourced from spots that care for said planet, people and animals. The Ocean Salt scrub is especially delightful.
9. Yes to Cucumbers Facial Towelettes ($7): These soothing wipes gently remove dirt, sweat and makeup without any rinsing involved. They’re perfect for outdoor enthusiasts and jet setters. Plus, did we mention these wipes are totally all-natural AND biodegradable?
10. RMS Beauty Mascara ($28): Jam-packed with rich mineral pigments, organic oils and waxes, this mascara will amp up your beauty routine. The formula gets our stamp of approval because of its dedication to organic and raw materials and anti-clumping formula.
Are you a strict eco-friendly shopper? Did we leave any under-the-radar labels off our list? Tell us in the comments!