The 13 Geekiest Recipes Inspired by Your Fave TV Shows, Movies + More
When reading The Hunger Games, were you enticed by Peeta’s bread-making skills? Or perhaps you’ve been dying to go to the Harry Potter theme park to try butterbeer? If you are constantly looking for recipes for your Game of Thrones viewing party, or your Dr. Who marathon, look no further than the Geeky Chef. All of the Geeky Chef recipes are inspired by our favorite TV shows, movies, video games and books. We’ve rounded up 13 of her nerdiest and most pop-culture-inspired recipes.
2. Nonfat Tofutti Rice Dreamsicle: ’90s kids rejoice! The X-Files is getting a reboot. To celebrate, enjoy a Nonfat Tofutti Rice Dreamsicle and don an epic pantsuit (Scully would be proud). (via The Geeky Chef)
4. Portal Cake: This cake is not a lie. Your friends will be GLaDOS that you whipped up this iconic cake from the video game Portal. Sorry, but we’re not sorry for the excessive puns. (via The Geeky Chef)
5. Butterbeer: Relive the magic of Harry Potter with your own homemade butterbeer. This ridiculously delicious beverage will transport your tastebuds to the wizarding world. (Recipe via The Geeky Chef; photo via Wizarding World Park)
7. Rock Sirloin: Zelda fans may recognize this delicacy from the legendary video games. Paired with a side of broccoli and a baked potato, this dish could be a go-to weekend dinner. (via The Geeky Chef)
8. Lemon Cakes: Fans of A Song of Ice and Fire (i.e one of the Game of Thrones books) know that George R.R. Martin doesn’t mess around when it comes to descriptions of food. If your stomach is growling as you’re reading, make yourself these tasty and beautiful lemon cakes inspired by the books. (via The Geeky Chef)
9. Turkish Delight: Everyone who has ever read the Chronicles of Narnia or watched any of the movies knows that Turkish delights are an enticing treat. Although you can buy them at a specialty store, making them home is a decadent and fun treat. (Recipe via The Geeky Chef; image via A Small Insight)
10. Fish biscuits: It’s been five years since the LOST finale left us with our jaws on the floor. Queue up season one and chow down on these Dharma fish biscuits while you try to find clues on the second watch-through. Plus, they’re probably way tastier than the TV version. (via The Geeky Chef)
What’s your favorite movie/book/game-inspired recipe? Tell us in the comments.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)