The 7 Best Things to Buy in December
Throw on your sparkly holiday heels, grab yourself a seasonal cocktail, and prepare to spend the next few weeks licking the remains of sugary Christmas cookies off your fingers, because it’s officially the greatest time of year. (Picture us frolicking in the snow, even if there’s no snow falling outside your window. We’re dancing in it.) And if you’re a fan of shopping, you have even more reasons to celebrate, because the start of December means a brand new set of well-priced items that you’re going to need to get your mittened paws on ASAP.
Keep scrolling for the seven items you’ll be able to find on sale this month, whether for gifts or holiday prep or simply for fun. And, no, you don’t need to take off your holiday party dressor your Santa hat to go to the store.
1. Holiday Decorations and Wrapping Paper: You haven’t started collecting wrapping supplies and seasonal flair for your home yet? What are you waiting for? Don’t waste another minute! Stores know that you’re in the market for these items, and many of them are making it extremely easy for you to get them by offering low, low prices.
2. Groceries: Whether you’re hosting a family holiday dinner, the office Secret Snowflake exchange, or a New Year’s Eve cocktail party (or even if you’re just psyched to allow yourself a little extra indulgence in your day-to-day life this season) you’re going to need to stock up on groceries, and you should be able to get your hands on plenty of deals. Traditional holiday staples like spiral hams, frozen turkeys, and prime rib should be especially marked down — and you can expect additional price drops on the stock left in stores when the holidays are over.
3. Electronics: It’s prime time for purchasing e-readers, cameras, and high-end headphones — all of which make excellent gifts. These are normally big-ticket items, but you should find that prices are slashed for much of this month wherever electronics are sold.
4. Kitchen Cookware: Department stores and big-box retailers are rolling back the ticket prices on kitchenware both to celebrate the end of the year and to entice you to outfit your home with new stuff in time for your holiday guests.
5. Toys and Games: While Santa Claus himself is, of course, responsible for the manufacture and delivery of most of the toys and games that kiddos worldwide will find under their trees this year (wink, wink), he does require a helping hand or two — so it’s incredibly generous of big box stores and other toy retailers to slash their prices this month. Great deals on just about everything on your favorite tykes’ wish lists will carry over from Black Friday and extend on toward the end of December.
6. Lingerie: In the market for a something a little sweet or sassy for this holiday season? Your timing is perfect, because lingerie stores tend to have big promotions in progress for this final month of the year.
7. Champagne and Sparkling Wine: ‘Tis the season for toasting with only the most sparkly of beverages! Stores everywhere will begin gearing up for New Year’s Eve in early December with sales on Champagne and other sparkling wines. Remember: Champagne is simply the word used to describe sparkling wine produced in a very specific region of France. Other sparkling wine varieties like Prosecco and Cava are equally festive and delicious.
What are you stocking up on this month? Tweet us @BritandCo!
(Illustration via Torii Burnett)