7 Ways to Copy Blake Lively’s Best Looks from the Week
Our favorite style icon, Blake Lively, never fell off the radar while she was pregnant (in fact, her perfectly styled baby bump all but commanded attention). But after baby James was born, she definitely spent some time out of the spotlight, and rightfully so. Now, as her new movie The Age of Adaline hit theaters, Blake’s been making appearances left and right, and with those appearances have come some pretty major outfits. One day this week she even managed seven outfit changes. Before noon. Apologies to her husband, Ryan Reynolds (aka the Green Lantern), but that just might be the most impressive superpower we’ve ever seen. We already showed you how to DIY her $500 cherry blossom jeans, but if you’re looking to deck out your closet in even more Blake inspired pieces, here are seven more ways to copy her style from the last few weeks.
1. Asymmetrical Zipped Tuxedo Dress ($76): Tuxedo dresses can either look totally awesome (case in point: Blake Lively’s getup at the Age of Adaline afterparty) or terribly frumpy. Keep your menswear inspired ensemble from falling into the latter category by rocking this piece that offers a zipper accent and asymmetrical hem. If you’re trying to replicate Blake’s look to a tee, grab these starry leggings ($25) to pop on underneath. (Photo via Jamie McCarthy/Getty)
2. Scuba Floral Print Pencil Skirt With Origami Peplum ($89): Headed to an important office meeting or a formal event? Copy the look Blake wore during a press day in this figure-hugging skirt topped with a fun origami peplum. (Photo via @blakelively)
3. Nine West Sleeveless Colorblock Dress ($76): Holy mother of color! Blake really spared no subtlety in this outfit she rocked after her spot on Good Morning America. Obviously, her ensemble in its entirety might be a bit much for an everyday look if you’re not used to turning heads on the regular, so tone it down just a bit in this tri-colored chevron dress. If you’re missing that bold yellow, add a colored belt or sunny heels. (Photo via @joodyfashion)
4. Crop Top Prom Dress In Faded Floral $172): The midi dress Blake wore while appearing on The Chew is a Lindsey Thornburg dress from her Spring 2015 collection, but considering pieces from this designer tend to run upwards of $400 we suggest you opt for this spring-ready ASOS frock instead. You’ll get the same hemline and color scheme with an added crop top element that makes it feel even more of-the-moment. (Photo via @style_of_the_universe)
5. Palm Leaf Jumpsuit ($80): Our copycat version has a more relaxed vibe and comes with straps but other than that, pop this on and you and BL will be totally twinning. If you’re going to copy this look Blake sported while on Live! with Kelly and Michael, do it to a tee wih red heels and matching lipstick. (via @melanimazzarini)
6. Pleated Python Maxi Skirt ($40): If Blake’s color blocked dress and coat are a little too wild for your taste, try a tamer version of the trend by mimicking the pants she rocked while arriving at Late Night with Seth Myers. Trade the Age of Adaline star’s solid colors for just a little bit a patterned fun in this maxi skirt. (Photo via @museblog)
7. Maggie May Midi Skirt ($48) and Crop Top ($48): Ready for a major monochromatic moment? Put a girly spin on the lilac power suit Blake dawned after a SiriusXM interview by translating it into a skirt + crop top combo. Garden party, here you come. (Photo via @earthward09)
Which of Blake’s outfits is your favorite? Share with us in the comments below.