7 Ways to Copy Blake Lively’s Best Looks from the Week
Our favorite style icon, Blake Lively, never fell off the radar while she was pregnant (in fact, her perfectly styled baby bump all but commanded attention). But after baby James was born, she definitely spent some time out of the spotlight, and rightfully so. Now, as her new movie The Age of Adaline hit theaters, Blake’s been making appearances left and right, and with those appearances have come some pretty major outfits. One day this week she even managed seven outfit changes. Before noon. Apologies to her husband, Ryan Reynolds (aka the Green Lantern), but that just might be the most impressive superpower we’ve ever seen. We already showed you how to DIY her $500 cherry blossom jeans, but if you’re looking to deck out your closet in even more Blake inspired pieces, here are seven more ways to copy her style from the last few weeks.
1. Asymmetrical Zipped Tuxedo Dress ($76): Tuxedo dresses can either look totally awesome (case in point: Blake Lively’s getup at the Age of Adaline afterparty) or terribly frumpy. Keep your menswear inspired ensemble from falling into the latter category by rocking this piece that offers a zipper accent and asymmetrical hem. If you’re trying to replicate Blake’s look to a tee, grab these starry leggings ($25) to pop on underneath. (Photo via Jamie McCarthy/Getty)
2. Scuba Floral Print Pencil Skirt With Origami Peplum ($89): Headed to an important office meeting or a formal event? Copy the look Blake wore during a press day in this figure-hugging skirt topped with a fun origami peplum. (Photo via @blakelively)
3. Nine West Sleeveless Colorblock Dress ($76): Holy mother of color! Blake really spared no subtlety in this outfit she rocked after her spot on Good Morning America. Obviously, her ensemble in its entirety might be a bit much for an everyday look if you’re not used to turning heads on the regular, so tone it down just a bit in this tri-colored chevron dress. If you’re missing that bold yellow, add a colored belt or sunny heels. (Photo via @joodyfashion)
4. Crop Top Prom Dress In Faded Floral $172): The midi dress Blake wore while appearing on The Chew is a Lindsey Thornburg dress from her Spring 2015 collection, but considering pieces from this designer tend to run upwards of $400 we suggest you opt for this spring-ready ASOS frock instead. You’ll get the same hemline and color scheme with an added crop top element that makes it feel even more of-the-moment. (Photo via @style_of_the_universe)
5. Palm Leaf Jumpsuit ($80): Our copycat version has a more relaxed vibe and comes with straps but other than that, pop this on and you and BL will be totally twinning. If you’re going to copy this look Blake sported while on Live! with Kelly and Michael, do it to a tee wih red heels and matching lipstick. (via @melanimazzarini)
6. Pleated Python Maxi Skirt ($40): If Blake’s color blocked dress and coat are a little too wild for your taste, try a tamer version of the trend by mimicking the pants she rocked while arriving at Late Night with Seth Myers. Trade the Age of Adaline star’s solid colors for just a little bit a patterned fun in this maxi skirt. (Photo via @museblog)
7. Maggie May Midi Skirt ($48) and Crop Top ($48): Ready for a major monochromatic moment? Put a girly spin on the lilac power suit Blake dawned after a SiriusXM interview by translating it into a skirt + crop top combo. Garden party, here you come. (Photo via @earthward09)
Which of Blake’s outfits is your favorite? Share with us in the comments below.
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.