Cue the tropical summer prints, off-the-shoulder dresses and crochet bikinis: You’re this close to ditching the corporate grind for an extended stay in paradise. Can we get an amen?! Resist the urge to go into full-on panic mode just yet — there’s still time to round out your Bahamas packing list and invest in a few well-spent staples. Think: A breezy maxi dress for admiring the oceanfront view or an itty bitty bikini made for frolicking on the beach. Keep a case of the dreaded outfit blahs away by checking out these Instababes who are total rockstars when it comes to achieving covetable vacay style. Check out these 13 blogger-approved getaway essentials that need to be on your radar STAT.
Blend in with the crowd? Not this blogger babe and her diva-esque sunglasses. We can’t decide which catches our eye more, the hot pink wall or those show-stopping blue reflective lenses. Definitely not confined to the beach, these bad boys were made for corporate work-cations.
1. Quay Australia High Emotion ($55): Budget-friendly pair of sunnies with a girl boss ‘tude? Sold! Rain or shine, these marble-effect frames will serve as the exclamation point to every getaway-inspired getup from here on out, be it a sultry black one-piece, an embroidered caftan or a preppy Lilly Pulitzer shift.
Twirl-Worthy Midi Skirts
When you find a vibrant rainbow striped skirt that’s equal parts functional and fun, you know you’ve struck gold. An epic Eurotrip especially calls for a top-notch wardrobe consisting of flirty shoulder-baring silhouettes, punchy accessories and sensible (but cute!) sandals that prove to be comfortable after hours of walking. This stylish blogger is a girl after our own heart!
2. Alice + Olivia Nikola Striped Stretch-Cotton Poplin Midi Skirt ($440): Playful skirt with major twirl factor? Sign us up, please. Not just restricted to the cobblestone streets of Italy, this colorful multi-striped midi can also serve double-duty for a number of summer affairs (from yachting parties to Sunday brunch). When teamed with gladiator sandals and a midriff-baring top, it’s nearly unstoppable.
Easy-Breezy Maxi Dresses
A beautiful maxi made for afternoon strolls along the beach? Check. There’s something to be said about a floor-sweeping dress that makes you look (and feel) like a goddess in candid snapshots like this one.
3. Mara Hoffman Flora Stone Maxi Dress ($356): Live out your dream vacay with this stunning tropical printed maxi, featuring a tasteful peekaboo cutout, that brings out the jetsetter in all of us. Perfect for lazy mornings, this hero piece is one of those items that works around the clock — we’re talking flip-flops during the daytime and chandelier earrings come dusk.
Slay girl, slay! Our girl Nicolette Mason is killin’ it in her pristine all-white ensemble and understated chic bamboo clutch by Cult Gaia. It doesn’t get more summer-friendly than a wear-with-everything accessory. Don’t even get us started about the subtle pops of pink thanks to Nicole’s effortless fedora and ankle strap heels.
4. Cult Gaia Gaias Ark ($88): Reminiscent of a classic Japanese picnic bag, this sophisticated bamboo clutch is guaranteed to bring in the compliments at an upcoming wedding or Hawaiian luau. Style it with a neck-plunging maxi, an oversized button-down or retro-printed shorts for a timeless look.
Are you even on vacay if you don’t sport a neon Kiini swimsuit? According to this Instababe, the equation for the perfect lounge day includes getting your tan on in a crochet bikini in the Hamptons (or Montauk), all the while sporting a DDG pair of mirrored shades. Life is hard.
5. Kiini Crochet Bikini Top ($165) + Crochet Bikini Bottom ($120): Run, don’t walk, to snag one of these vivid blue hand-crocheted bikinis worthy of a tropical honeymoon. Channel your inner globetrotter by styling the triangle bikini top with an airy maxi skirt and a straw fedora for dinner al fresco, or let your boho sensibilities shine through with some palazzo pants and metallic Birks.
Exploring a new city for the first time? When you’re not lounging on the beach, a versatile top-handle bag is obligatory for shameless #OOTD snapshots and stress-free travel (sometimes a small crossbody sac just doesn’t cut it). Whether you’re heading to South Carolina or Milan, there’s something to be said about a handbag that can be styled a million and one ways. Just look at Julia Engel — she’s workin’ that bag with her sundress and matching pink sunnies.
6. Mansur Gavriel Circle Bag ($1,095): Enter the leather circle bag of our sartorial dreams (in peony, no less!). While Mansur Gavriel bags don’t come cheap, they’re definitely worth the investment if you can justify the steep price (a couple month’s worth of rent, no biggie!). One thing’s for sure: Infinite outfit possibilities are on the horizon.
It seems as though nearly every blogger on the block has been flocking to Marysia Swim’s flattering line of swimsuits, and for good reason. Pssst: Their scalloped bikinis are to die for. Olivia Lopez is a total babe rocking her retro bikini, high-waisted bottoms included, and sun-kissed skin for unlimited fun in the sun.
7. FWRD x Marysia Palm Springs Tie Bikini ($314): Can you say game changer? Get the best of both worlds with this retro bikini that shows off just the right amount of skin. Besides the lovely shade of lilac, we’re swooning hard over the lace-up detailing that strikes the perfect balance between sweet and sultry.
Monogrammed Straw Totes
Leave it to Bee to make a straw tote look city chic (it must be those lace-up wedges!). Whether you’re heading to the farmers’ market for fresh blooms, treating yo’ self to a picnic in the park or laying out on the beach, you need a monogrammed straw tote for your upcoming travels. It’s the ultimate accessory for both preppy and non-preppy girls alike.
8. Rae Feather Monogram Basket ($182): You know what they say: If it’s not moving, monogram it. Going hand-in-hand with your carefree cover-ups and one-and-done jumpsuits, this handmade palm straw tote is guaranteed to add a little extra sumthin’ sumthin’ to every outfit. The customizable color and stripe combinations allow you to personalize your tote to be as girly or nautical as you like.
When is Italian blogger Chiara Ferragni not modeling a come-hither bikini? Her patriotic RWB two-piece is giving us ALL the heart eyes. Take it from us: Confidence (and natural wind-blown waves) is easily your best accessory when it comes to flaunting your stuff on the beach.
9. Solid & Striped The Jane Top ($88) + The Jane Bottom ($88): Achieve T Swift-level squad #goals a la this iconic Solid & Striped bikini with major beach-to-boardwalk appeal. Team it with denim cutoffs and retro sunnies for a getaway-inspired look that requires zero effort. Seriously, nada! Well, except textured sea salt hair, that is.
At the top of every blogger’s packing list is a pair of sunglasses (or three) to slip on for an incognito look. From the beaches of Cali to the English countryside, these reflective shades are a winner on all fronts. Bonus points for teaming them with an off-duty lace-up top for a daytime-casual look.
10. Hook LDN Genesis Crystal Grey ($182): We’re low-key obsessed with these chunky shades that were made for taking super glam selfies and blocking harmful UV rays. When Dior’s “So Real” sunnies (and knock-off versions) start feeling meh, these next-level frames by Hook LDN will be a breath of fresh air. TBH, you’ll never want to take them off.
But first, let me take a #shoefie. Afternoons spent poolside lounging and catching up on juicy summer reads on the beach call for a conversation-starting pair of embroidered espadrilles. (Because plain ones obviously won’t do.)
11. Soludos Smoking Slipper Embroidery ($65): Gear up for your next great escape with these OMG-worthy Parisian-chic smoking slippers that are almost too cheeky for their own good. Not only will they add instant pep to your step, but they’re a way chic alternative to plain white tennies. DO pair ’em with Breton stripes and tie-waist shorts for max perfection.
Statement-Making Sun Hats
What blogger doesn’t have one of Eugenia Kim’s signature straw hats? If not for the picturesque photo ops, then for maximum protection from the sun. It doesn’t hurt if you just so happen to have a romantic floral dress and fresh blooms on standby.
12. Eugenia Kim Leave a Message Sun Hat ($455): Sorry not sorry, but holiday starts now. Invest in this charming straw hat that calls for a sizzlin’ off-the-shoulder romper and oversized hoop earrings. Between grabbing drinks by the tiki hut and soaking up rays in San Fran, we can think of an occasion or two when this blogger-approved sun hat could come in handy.
Pom-Pom Embellished Sandals
These Instagram-approved, pom-pom- and trinket-embellished sandals give new meaning to the phrase poolside chilling. This style blogger has the right idea: Send a vacay ‘gram to all your besties by snapping an impromptu pic by the pool showing off your new lace-up steppers and at-home pedi.
13. Elina Linardaki Penny Lane Sandal ($225): If you only invest in one pair of sandals this season, make it these ridiculously playful stunners by Elina Linardaki that scream SUMMER. They’ll make everything (from plain ol’ cutoffs to Grecian-inspired maxis) look that much more pool party-ready. Did we mention they’re handcrafted in Greece? *Adds to cart.*
What are your must-have vacay essentials? Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.