14 Hairstyles That Prove Bobby Pins Are the Only Hair Accessory You Need
When bobby pins were nowhere to be seen at NYFW this fall, it wasn’t because they were brilliantly camouflaged into models’ manes by the top hairstylists in the biz — it was because those hair pros just weren’t using them anymore (you have lazy-girl beauty to thank for that level of minimalism). Well, this hair trend is about to change all of that by putting bobby pins center stage. No longer unseen heroes, bobby pins are more and more often being used in flashy ways to enhance hairstyles, just like hair jewelry and flower crowns. It turns out bobby pins could be the only decorative hair accessories you’ll ever need again. Check out some examples below to kickstart your bobby pin art addiction.
1. Cool Cluster: Choose metallic or different colored bobby pins, then criss-cross and layer them up on one side of your head just above your ear to accomplish this chic look. So pretty, you can even skip the jewels and baubles. (via Refinery29)
3. Simple Triangle: Pull back two strands from the front of your hair and secure them beautifully with this triangle bobby pin art. Rock this look at the office or your holiday bash. (via Mucho Mucho Bueno Bueno)
9. Chignon Chevron: Upcoming holiday cocktail parties call for pretty updos that will wow — this look does just that. Bobby pins in a chevron shape on the side of your hair look stunning while keeping your locks in place. (via Refinery29)
10. Slicked-Back Multi-Pin: Slicked-back hairstyles are beyond chic, but sometimes making them stay put can be tricky. Solve your sleekness problems by using metallic bobby pins to create this ideal night-out look. (via Hairstyle.com)
12. X Marks the Spot: Effortlessly sweep back your long bangs and baby hair with this 3X bobby pin design. Use brightly colored pins in turquoise or hot pink for stand-out style and added cool. (via Life, Set Sail)
14. The Asterisk: Sport a half updo in an unexpected way — with this bobby pin pattern that will make you the star of the show. The snowflake-esque shape also perfectly suits holiday party hair! (via Whitney Port)
What do you think about the bobby pin art trend? Would you try it out? Let us know in the comments!