7 Tasty Books for When You Have the Munchies
Clean eating is great and all, but sometimes in life, you need to have a donut party. Or order a pizza with a tater tot crust. Or whip up an ice cream layer cake. You get the picture… sometimes you just need to indulge. And everyone has that one snack or dessert they’ll just never get enough of. That’s why we’ve put together this list: So you can gaze longingly at perfectly styled photos of your favorite munchies in these seven books.
1. Tacopedia: The Taco Encyclopedia by Deborah Holz ($30): Whether you like your tacos from a food truck or a traditional Mexican restaurant, this book has all the info you need about your fave spicy snack. With interviews, graphics, maps and more than 100 recipes, it definitely has the whole picture.
2. The Donut Book by Sally Levitt Steinberg ($15): Donut shops are stepping it up lately, with tons of super creative (and delicious) new flavors. This book captures all that goodness, plus the history of donut making, to give you an in-depth look at the world of donuts.
3. Fries! An Illustrated Guide to the World’s Favorite Food by Blake Lingle ($17): Who doesn’t love a good french fry? From hand-cut to the old stand-by McDonald’s variety, it’s a solid snack whenever you’re feeling the munchies coming on. And this book will definitely make you want an extra large fry immediately.
4. The Pizza Bible by Toni Gemignani ($30): From deep dish to wood fired to margherita, the pizza world is complex. Let an 11-time world pizza champion explain it all to you — and make your mouth water.
5. The Comic Book Story of Beer by Jonathan Hennessey ($19): Okay, so we know beer isn’t exactly a snack food per se, but it’s definitely in the snacking category. And this book is the perfect guide to the history of beer, with a twist — it’s written in comic book style!
6. Olympia Provisions: Cured Meats and Tales from American Charcuterie by Elias Cairo and Meredith Erickson ($40): If you’re feelin’ a little fancy in your snacking preferences, check out this book chalk full of facts about charcuterie.
7. Ladurée Macarons by Vincent Lemains ($40): Macarons might be somewhat new on this side of the pond, but there’s a rich history behind the sweet treat in France. Read all about the story behind this classic brand of macarons in this colorful guide.
Which of these books is making YOUR mouth water? Tweet us about it @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)