7 Celeb-Approved Sideswept Hair Ideas for Spring Formals
As much as we love our jeans and tees, it feels good to get a little fancy every now and then. So with formal season in full swing and weddings just around the corner, we looked to the red carpet for some serious hair inspiration. One big trend we couldn’t help but spot? Sideswept and side-parted tresses are SLAYING right now. Scroll down for some of the best celeb-approved styles to try this season.
1. Jemima Kirke: Kirke ditched the mermaid locks of her Girls’ character, Jessa, for a bleach-blonde bob with a deep side part. Be sure to add a dollop of mousse to get her vintage-inspired waves and dramatically defined part. (Photo via Nicholas Hunt/Getty)
2. Misty Copeland: Switch up your go-to low bun with a beautiful side part that leans to the left. To recreate Copeland’s lift at the crown, blast some texturizing spray on your roots and fluff with your fingertips before pulling your hair back. (Photo via Jamie McCarthy/Getty)
3. Reese Witherspoon: Going for a low pony or braid? Play it like this Big Little Lies star and opt for piecey sideswept waves that just barely cover your forehead. They frame the face perfectly and look just the right amount of “undone.” (Photo via Kevork Djansezian/Getty)
4. Chanel Iman: If you’re one of those girls who feels way more comfortable with their hair down rather than up, sectioning off a deeper part is a small switch-up that won’t place you too far outside your comfort zone. (Photo via Frederick M. Brown/Getty)
5. Diane Kruger: Kruger’s asymmetrical bob cut with old Hollywood barrel curls shine when paired with a side part. Tuck the shorter half behind your ear and put on a pair of killer statement earrings for major slayage. (Photo via Pascal Le Segretain/Getty)
6. Meghan Markle: Looking to switch up your beachy waves? Markle proves that a dramatic, deep part and bigger lift at the root are your answer. This laid-back style will show well at an outdoor wedding or fancy rooftop cocktails. (Photo via Robin Marchant/Getty)
7. Scarlet Johansson: Talk about short hair perfection. We love the over-the-top swoop of Johansson’s left part because it turns up the volume with minimal effort. This is the perfect solve for pixies in that sometimes-awkward, growing-out phase. (Photo via Mike Windle/Getty)
Looking for more hair inspo? Go ahead, get swept away on Pinterest!