This Instagrammer Is Reinventing Winter Headwear
Knit season is in full force. If it’s made of yarn, we want to wear it. And if it’s food themed, we definitely want to wear it. Phil Ferguson (@chiliphilly on Instagram) has taken to crocheting headwear in the shapes of various foods, dishes and condiments, and we’re pretty sure that this could be the start of something big.
1. Pepperoni Party: We’re not sure why Phil doesn’t look totally stoked, because this is one of our favorites.
2. Hamburger Hood: This was one of Phil’s first designs on Instagram, and it’s a statement maker — probably not ideal for vegetarians though.
3. Bangers and Mash Cap: This UK dish (though the artist lives in Melbourne) is the perfect shape for headwear.
4. Eggs and Bacon Sweatband: When you start the morning off with protein, you can defeat anyone on the court.
5. Fortune Cookie Ear Warmer: If you’ve got this thing keeping your ears toasty, then you sure are lucky.
6. Cupcake Topper: With all of these amazing creations under his belt at only 22, just imagine what a buffet he’ll have a year from now.
8. Sushi Roll Ski Mask: Okay, maybe this wasn’t made to be worn on the slopes, but it would totally keep your head nice and toasty.
9. Fruit Loop Headpiece: Going for something a bit more avant grade? Top your dome with this classic breakfast.
10. Condiment Crown: This would definitely make for the perfect finish to a foodie Halloween costume.
11. Hotdog Helmet: In the battle against hunger, this won’t really help you at all, but you’d look smashing in it.
12. Dome-nut: This may be our favorite of all. Partly because we love any excuse to eat sweets in the morning and also because it has sprinkles.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)