Even though National Martini Day is a few months away, we figured it’s always a good time to celebrate one of our favorite go-to cocktails: the chocolate martini. Leave your hot chocolate recipe at the door because this chocolatey goodness will warm up your soul as you sip through vanilla vodka, Baileys and chocolate ganache while it swims in swirls of chocolate syrup. This drink deserves a round of applause — or another round in general. But whatever you choose to do, make sure you enjoy it with a pink straw because it will make it taste even better. We promise.
— 1 cup heavy cream
— 5 ounces chocolate (dark or semi sweet)
— 2 ounces Baileys
— 1 ounce vanilla vodka
— chocolate syrup
— Chocolate shavings
1. In a saucepan, heat one cup of heavy cream until it boils.
2. In a separate dish with five ounces of chocolate, pour the heavy cream into the bowl and stir until completely melted.
3. Drizzle chocolate syrup into the martini glass.
4. In a shaker, put a handful of ice, half a cup of the chocolate ganache, one ounce of vanilla vodka and two ounces of Baileys. Mix together until completely chilled.
5. Pour drink into the martini glass.
This drink is chocolatey delicious — but for adults!
Share your chocolate martini pictures with us by tagging us on Instagram + using hashtag #iamcreative.