Anyone trying to give up coffee or lessen your caffeine intake? We understand this may be sacrilegious for some of you and life without coffee is not worth living, but sometimes it’s nice to mix things up and add some variety to your morning (or afternoon) cup of joe. If you’re looking for an alternative to coffee, here are 10 healthy drinks that will still give you a bit of a boost and keep you energized and — most importantly — smiling.
1. Yerba Mate: Packing a coffee-like caffeine kick, mate tea is a great way to ease off the sauce. Mix it with honey and lemon or make a tea latte by blending it with milk. Besides the caffeine, mate also has way more antioxidants than green tea, so it’s perfect for warding off winter colds. (via Free People)
3. Cacao Coffee: Did you know you can make “coffee” out of cacao nibs? Roast raw cacao nibs, grind them in your coffee grinder and then use a French press to let it steep. Add a dash of cinnamon and coconut oil for an extra healthy (and tasty) morning beverage. (via A Girl Worth Saving)
4. Matcha Green Tea Latte: Matcha is all the rage right now and for good reason: It’s realllly good for you. Much stronger than just plain green tea, matcha is a detoxifier that boosts your energy without that nasty coffee crash. (via The Vintage Mixer)
5. Raw Cacao Latte: Looking for a guilt-free hot chocolate treat? Raw cacao is packed with antioxidants that protect your nervous system. Perk up this warming drink with cayenne powder and a bit of raw honey. (via Free People)
6. Dandelion Tea: Probably the closest to tasting like coffee, roasted dandelion tea may not sound appetizing, but it will do wonders for your skin and hair as well as aid in digestion and weight loss. (via Style Craze)
7. Maca Latte: Maca powder helps reduce stress and boost energy. Athletes sometimes take maca to increase stamina, so you can throw a tablespoon into your post-workout drink for an energy kick. (via Finger Fork and Knife)
8. Chai Tea: With a black tea base, you get a little caffeine along with all the benefits of the exotic spices found in a cup of chai tea. Cinnamon boosts your metabolism and cardamom detoxifies the body while acting as a mood booster, making it perfect for us non-morning people. (via Live Simply)
9. London Fog: Aside from the caffeine boost, Earl Grey tea has a few surprising benefits. The bergamot oil has a calming effect, helping to ease anxiety and stress. Add almond (or dairy) milk and a dash of vanilla for a delicious tea latte. (via Free People)
10. Cranberry Apple Cider Vinegar Detox Drink: No one wants to take a shot of straight vinegar, but mixing it with cranberry juice and lemon creates a detoxifying drink that also boosts your energy. (via PopSugar)
Would you ever give up coffee? Talk to us in the comments below!