Here at Brit + Co, we don’t think it’s a coincidence that so many Halloween Costume contest winners happen to draw their inspiration from Comic-Con. Year after year, the world’s biggest celebration of cosplayers and costume-lovers alike brings us some seriously next-level costume ideas. And this year’s Comic-Con definitely delivered. So now that it’s time to get Halloween-ready, here are some of the best and most-recent Comic-Con costumes to help make your Halloween game seriously strong this year.
1. Spiderman Crew: Seems like Spiderman hasn’t been getting much love these days, huh? Well, you and your squad can change that this Halloween. Here’s a group of die-hard fans who are so devoted they make us want to join in on the fun.
2. Poison Ivy: What a femme fatale! We would have so much fun sporting a hot red wig like the one on Poison Ivy.
3. Ron Burgundy: Woohoo! Do we ever need any encouragement to channel one of our favorite Will Ferrell characters? Of course not. Dress as San Diego’s favorite news anchor and enjoy an evening like no other.
4. Ironman vs. Captain America: This is the Marvel Comics version of a Civil War reenactment and it is epic. All it takes is one look at that kid in the background to see that a superhero showdown is a great way to go.
5. Raven: She’s unique — you’ve gotta give her that. If you’re not the type to go with the trend, try out one of the lesser-known superheroes. You’ll have a blast being a superhero and knowing that you’re marching to the beat of your own drum.
6. Ash: This. Is. Intense. Slay some zombies this Halloween while dressed as a total badass and wielding a chainsaw. Yes, please.
7. Juggernaut: Woah! This is an X-Men who can’t be stopped. And neither can this costume.
8. Superman: Here’s the cutest — and tiniest — cosplayer from Comic Con. When else will you get to wear a red and sparkly tutu?
9. Merida from Brave: Girl power. Right? Here’s Merida kicking some serious butt at Comic-Con and rocking her long ginger curls. We hope to see many more where she came from this Halloween.
10. The Tick: Ummm. There’s really no reason to look past the full-on spandex bodysuits. Immediate yes. Lolz.
11. Rose Quartz: Who is this amazing character and why have we never heard of her? If you currently — or ever have been — a fan of the color pink, you should totally dress up in this fab pink costume. Even her sword and shield are bubblegum pink. Right on.
12. Beast from X-Men: This beast sure is, um, beastly. Don’t be scared. Underneath it all, ultimately he’s a super good guy.
13. Batmen + Robins: This costumed crew brings up an important point. With so many versions of Batman and Robin out there, you’re bound to run into a few others. But hey, that’s ok! Just be sure your version of the costume is the most original.
14. Pokemon: Aww! We’ve seen a Pokemon + Ash couple’s costume, but never two Pokemon before. Plus, homegirl’s facepaint and make-up are OOTW.
15. Harley Quinn + Stormtroopers: Here’s what happens when universes collide. Harley Quinn might be crazy cool, but we’re unsure how things would go down against a Storm Trooper. Chances are, she’d prevail. Our bets are with her.
18. MTV Moon Man: This looks like a serious DIY project, but if you start now, you should be able to create something similar for Halloween. Plus, you’ll be nice and warm for all that trick or treating! (Photo via Tested)
19. Star Wars Couple: Star Wars has inspired some of the baddest costumes of the last decade, and this couple dressing up as Leia and Chewbacca this year proves this classic isn’t going anywhere. (Photo via Telegraph)
24. Effie Trinket: You can have so much fun with the flamboyant escort from The Hunger Games trilogy. There are so many Effie looks to choose from, but one we love the fuchsia skirt suit with a purple flower hat. (Photo via Tested)
30. Ariel from The Little Mermaid: Of course, if you want to go more conventional, you do your thang. This cosplayer’s take on Ariel is a little more in line with the cartoon’s, but we LOVE that she’s got King Triton’s trident. (Photo via Neilson Barnard/Getty)
31. King Joffrey: GoT fans, check it out! This King Joffrey costume + crossbow might be the best thing you’ve seen yet. Bonus points: Be Joffrey AFTER his wedding to Margaery Tyrell to up that creepiness factor ;) (Photo via Laura Cavanaught/Getty)
32. Chewie’s Angels: This is the perfect way to take one of the most recognizable characters from Star Wars and to combine it with another hit. Grab two of your friends to be the other angels, and swap out Charlie for Chewbacca! Angel wings or a halo would be a good alternative if you don’t feel like carrying around a gun all night. (Photo via IB Times)
Did we miss any awesome Comic-Con costumes? Let us know on Pinterest!