Ugly Christmas sweaters need no introduction. Normally embellished with all sorts of tacky doodads and loud sequins, they’re the festive toppers that you wouldn’t typically sport beyond a holiday shindig (or two). But actually… the latest crop of obnoxious Christmas sweaters are surprisingly on point. Seriously. Between throwback fair isle prints, seasonal intarsia patterns and bright, non-Christmas-y color combos, these 15 holiday sweaters are pretty darn cute. Scroll through to see the most not-so-ugly sweaters to wear this season (and — gulp – beyond).
1. Wildfox Jingle Man Sweater ($138): Don’t be a Scrooge! Show your affection for old St. Nick with this pink distressed sweater that will have you on Santa’s “nice” list in no time.
2. ASOS Sweater With Ombre Holidays Trees ($63): Ombre is the new fair isle, people! Style this guy up with a pom-topped beanie and marled socks to combat the elements in style this winter.
3. ASOS Christmas Jumper in Vintage Ski Motif ($63): Have an S.O., will coordinate holiday sweaters for an impromptu photo sesh. A Santa hat and reindeer antlers are obvs required if you want to nail your (slightly cheesy, yet so affectionate) holiday card photo the first go-around.
4. Topshop Candy Cane Knitted Sweatshirt ($80): You know that it’s jingle bell time when candy cane printed sweatshirts are officially a thing. For an athleisure-inspired look that’s chock-full of cheer, don’t hesitate to slip on some metallic joggers and a cool pair of kicks.
5. ASOS Curve Holidays Sweater With Embellished Snowflake ($69): Your favorite cream-colored sweater just received a major upgrade — and with seasonal tinsel + bead embellishments, no less. For that warm, fuzzy feeling, style this snowflake topper up with black leather pants for your office’s upcoming holiday party.
6. ASOS Tall Plaid Holidays Sweater ($58): In lieu of your prized flannel button-downs, opt for a chunky plaid sweater that will be a festive (and unexpected) addition to your line-up of party skirts. Did we mention that this one has tree-shaped elbow patches? You betcha!
7. Brooks Brothers Wool Ski Intarsia Sweater ($148): Prepsters, eat your heart out! Nail that après-ski look with this old-school intarsia knit sweater that can be worn for seasons to come. For max perfection, team it up with a gingham skirt or toss it over a collared shirtdress for a work-appropriate look.
8. Dorothy Perkins Charcoal Sequin Snowflake Christmas Jumper ($45): A little holiday dazzle goes a long way, especially when it’s in the form of a sequin snowflake jumper. Slip this after-hours number on alongside a sleek pencil skirt and some sparkly ankle booties for date night.
9. ASOS Christmas Jumper in Vintage Ski Pattern ($68): Get ready for this vintage-inspired sweater to bring back all the feels. The embroidered designs (the snow boots! the skis!) are anything but tacky. Style this keepsake knit topper with blue jeans and duck boots for a day of frolicking in the snow.
10. American Apparel Patterned Ski Sweater ($88): This retro fair isle sweater is exactly what the doctor ordered for off-duty days. Throw in a toasty anorak jacket, some black pants and a pair of Chelsea boots to keep the blustering temps at bay.
11. Brave Soul Prancing Reindeers Holidays Sweater ($55): Now you have no choice but to start memorizing all of the reindeer’s names. Pair this adorable sweater with a top knot and a simple pendant necklace for an effortless #OOTD that can be worn all season long.
12. Boohoo Eva Merry Christmas Ya Filthy Animal Jumper ($26): Name that movie! Christmas is simply not Christmas without this infamous one-liner from Home Alone. In other words: You. Need. This. Sweater.
13. ASOS Christmas Jumper With Christmas Embellishment ($90): This is not your grandma’s hand-me-down sweater. Adorned with snazzy holiday-esque embellishments, it’s the epitome of Christmas traditions. Deck the halls in style by teaming it up with a suede midi skirt or corduroy pants.
14. Wildfox Fairisle Fancy Tate Sweater ($136): This pastel-colored fair isle knit sweater is a nice break from the cliché red and green that is so often associated with the holidays. Come party time, it’ll look ah-mazing with a tulle skirt or little sequined number.
15. Free People Dancer and Prancer Sweater ($168): Can you say #holidaygoals? You can guess what we’ll be sporting come Christmas Eve and morning. For endless lounging, a comfy pair of shearling slippers and a glass of homemade eggnog is obligatory.
Will you be sporting one of these “ugly” Christmas sweaters this season? Let us know in the comments below!